Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FNG
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Added a shiny new Trek 6300 to keep my aging GT Talera company and I've been reading up on all the technological changes.

I noticed on the Trek web site they show the 6300 as having hydraulic brakes but the brakes on mine are definitely mechanical. Everything else matches.

Does the 6300 come in different trim lines like cars?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What country are you in? With 2008 model Trek didn't make a US spec 6300.

In the US it was a 6000 and a 6500. Most other manufacturers matched those equiptment level in their own line with one exception. Curiously, the Gary Fisher line has the Marlin disc (6000 equivalent) and the Tassajahara (6500 identical equipt). They then created the Piranah which has the Marlin Deore/X5 drivetrain and that Tassajahara's hydraulic brakes and Tora shock. If Trek actually made the 6300, presumably it would match up with the Piranah, but they (and other manufacturers) didn't slot anything into that equiptment level.

·
FNG
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ibhim said:
What country are you in? With 2008 model Trek didn't make a US spec 6300.

In the US it was a 6000 and a 6500. Most other manufacturers matched those equiptment level in their own line with one exception. Curiously, the Gary Fisher line has the Marlin disc (6000 equivalent) and the Tassajahara (6500 identical equipt). They then created the Piranah which has the Marlin Deore/X5 drivetrain and that Tassajahara's hydraulic brakes and Tora shock. If Trek actually made the 6300, presumably it would match up with the Piranah, but they (and other manufacturers) didn't slot anything into that equiptment level.
Mystery solved.

I was looking at: http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/2008/mountain_hardtail/6_series/6300e/# which shows the European / international spec bikes.
My US spec 6000 is here: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/mountain_hardtail/6_series/6000/#

Thanks for the tip.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
responsible zombie owner
654 Posts
hmm i checked the archive again but my '04 Trek 6500 isn't listed anywhere. it came with nasty stock toeclip pedals (euuchh!), a Pilot C fork and has a black and pearl white colour scheme. anyone else know of this model? (it looks like the 6700 for '04 but with white instead of red and no Shimano SPDs.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.