Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone....

I ride a 2000 model Trek 6000 I am at the point where I am going to need upgrade the the front forks and the shifters. I have added a shimano xt rear derailer but thats about the thing I have done so far. Now my question is should I invest the money on upgrading or get a new bike? I am 6'4" 220 and the bike is the XL frame I belive a 22". Overall I really like the bike, I just feel like I need a new fork really soon.

Thanks for reading..

Brandon

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you just need to weigh the cost of the upgrades you want to do vs. the cost of a new bike. Also, you might want to shop around on ebay and Craigslist for used bikes. I recently bought a 2010 Fuel EX8 with upgrades for $1500. The seller gave me all the receipts for the bike and he had close to $2700 invested and only owned the bike for 7 months. If you are patient and have the cash available, there are good deals to be had. I was in your same situatuion and decided this was the excuse I needed to just buy a new (to me anyway) bike. Just one opinion of many you will get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.