1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
..of the masses..
94 Posts
while i definitely agree with your idea of letting her choose the bike based on fit, it is so much more romantic to actually give the bike as opposed to saying 'babe, we going bike shopping'

if they are all from the same dealer, i'd say buy her either the fisher or the trek, but tell the LBS that you would want her to come in and try the other bikes later and swap bikes if necessary based on fit..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Depends on how you package it. If it involves a beautifully wrapped box with a blindfold inside and then a blindfolder drive to the bike store... :devil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well before I dropped $500 on a gift I wanted to run the idea by her first, the idea being for us to have a new sport/hobby, so I let her choose between tennis or mountain biking.

I sent her pics of her color options on all of the pics above. If she narrows it down to two bikes, then I would like to know which components would be a better bike.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
why not the myka comp? my gf just got one for 475 total and its great. has the lightweight m4 frame and rock shox

·
Registered
157 Posts
The GF and the Trek are exactly almost alike except for the paint job. The Specialized has different but comparable components. All 3 are solid bikes. The only thing that really differentiates the bikes is going to be the fit and the service at the LBS.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mikecito said:
Pick the one with the best resale value ;)
LOL, ouch!

I ride specialized, but I wouldn't get anything with less than a deore rear derailer again.

I like riding my dads wahoo around but if I had found the 4500 for that price I probably would have gotten that... The 4500 has a better fork, not that the wahoo is bad. There also made out of different aluminum... not sure which is better but there also isn't a whole lot of difference in the parts of these bikes. Also, the 4500 has thinner tires... to a lot of people, like me, rolling resistance is a bad thing - the reason I ride 1.9" tires. Might just come down to fit, but I personally would rule the Myka out of this one, the trek and fisher are solid bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my trek 4500 for Xmas this last year and have been riding it all summer! It's my most fav. thing. I love all the components and the bike is real solid. I'd say go for that one. I rode a my friend's rockhopper once or twice and found my bike to be 10 times more comfortable and balanced, especially down hill. If she is looking for something that isn't going to let her down for a first time bike, I say this is it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts