Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Trek 830 was recently wrapped around my hitch mount bike rack when I was rear ended by another car. I am looking to get into a new bike for $4-500. The majority of my riding time these days is pulling the kid in a trailer down old rail road style trails, but occasionly try some actual off road single track trails, but nothing too crazy.

Scheel's Sporting Goods has a Trek 4400 for $369. This appears to be 4300 in which Scheels has asked Trek to provide certain upgrades and give it a new number and paint job. Does anyone have the actual scoop on how this works?

The main upgrades appear to be, Deore rear der, Alivia front der and shifters with stand alone brake, RST Gila with lockout, Bontrager Race Lux seat.

The fact that I do not see any other bikes with Deore for under $500 makes this look like pretty good bike. The closest competitor would be a GF Wahoo disc, but I don't see that I really need the discs for the my riding style. Any thoughts appreciated?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Schwinn Mesa GS has deore front and rear components and cna be found less than $300.

I am not sure how it compares with trek4300 though framewise.

·
ilmfat
1,316 Posts
resurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was out west visiting the bro-in-law. stopped at scheels. saw the new one. perfect color for the wife. anyone get to scheels? is it disc or V?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts