Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol got exactly the same ride and cycle computer. i didnt like the saddle that it came with idk, how it feels for u thats the only thing i didnt like. but good purchase. ive followed people on some single track and give me a lil surprised face when the see 26" hardtai with v brakes right behind them on there full suspension 29er. this trek bike can handle some abuse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a new cat eye velo 8 computer. The old one would loose its signal when off road and bumpy. It was loose in the cradle and not read. Hope to install my new one tomorow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
If that is how you are running your saddle......then your fingers are tingling because you are putting too much pressure on them. With the saddle nose down, it is shifting your weight forward onto the bars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the help. I adjusted the seat up and my levers and shifters downward. Made a big ergonomic diff. I only took it for a half mile today. Today is a rest day. Will know after tomorow's ride. Thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my 4300. Bought mine 2 months ago. Have 210 miles on it and only have two issues, 1) the rear brake failed, but Trek ordered one under warrenty, and 2) the grips slid around way to much. I have tried everything to get the from moving but no luck, getting some bar end soon, so that should help them from sliding off. I use to race road bikes (22 years ago) then the Army just kept me to busy, ended up breaking my leg in Iraq and getting sent to TX to heal. After nine mounths of therapy I bought the Trek, best thing I ever did, sure wish I never got out of the sport, but glad to be back in it. I hope you all enjoy your Trek as much as I am.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2) the grips slid around way to much. I have tried everything to get the from moving but no luck, getting some bar end soon, so that should help them from sliding off..
I put Bontrager Race Lite Lock-On grips on my 4500 because I hated the way the stock grips would move.
They came stock on my EX8 and immediately bought them for my 4500.

Bontrager: Race Lite Lock-On (Model #07836)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.