Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm proably going to get the 4300 Disc for my dad for christmas but was wondering how good of a bike it is. It's like a 21" which is proably fine because he's like 6'1". I have a specialized FSRxc Comp and have never really done alot of riding on a trek. His old bike has a rigid fork and cantelever brakes so theres a big gap between the two. I just want to know thing like if it's durable or smooth. Any other info or pics would be great to.Thank's.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hope you get some responses to your post since I'm also looking at a trek 4300 disc. I posted a similar question a few days ago and no responses. I'm also looking at a Jamis Crosscountry 3.0 (no disc brakes though) and Diamondback response.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10sballs said:
Hope you get some responses to your post since I'm also looking at a trek 4300 disc. I posted a similar question a few days ago and no responses. I'm also looking at a Jamis Crosscountry 3.0 (no disc brakes though) and Diamondback response.
yeah its a good price for a bike that looks good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm probably too late but I work in a bike shop all day with the entry level Trek hard tails and the 4300 disc did not impress me. The breaks are no better than the rim breaks on the regular 4300, and the 4500 is a much nicer bike for less money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.