Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
Well for 2014 they made a new Superfly/ FS and a new X-Cal, new Fuel EX 29, and Remedy, so I doubt there will be any completely new 29er bikes from Trek next year.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
For 2014 the Superfly is all new and the carbon version is the first with carbon road bike engineering input after the Apollo Project 9.9 from last year. Super responsive compliance trail feel. And it has even shorter chainstays and further refinements at a much more accessible pricepoint.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I believe Trek is not doing a "2015" release. I read that they will be releasing models and new colors in some sort of staggered release and not go by the "2013, 2014 or 2015" model years. In other words no "2015 big release". I think they will trickle out when they have them ready. Example: Fuel EX9 29er XO model just release about a week ago. I think Trek announced this last June or so.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
what about a carbon 29er bike?
Trek has a pretty extensive factory demo tour that includes the Superfly 9.8 in different sizes.
It is worth checking out to see what you think. Carbon can make a big difference in a hard tail, you can get compliance and trail feel.

The Superfly(not the '13 9.9) from last year is a completely different bike with little carbon compliance-- just meant to be stiff.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,425 Posts
Hopefully they release a carbon fibre Remedy 29.
They have the 650b in carbon, so I don't see why the 29er can't be as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I sure hope they release new colors. I like the designs of the current models but the colors are AWFUL. Some of the base Project One colors are nicer, but the 2015 colors they've already released make me optimistic about the rest of the line.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
+1 for the Superfly. In my opinion it's the best carbon bikes available on the market today!
Agree. After a rough start, with breaking Superfly 100 carbon frames(2010/2011) - Trek finally corrected all of Gary Fissure's design mistakes with the 2012-up models.

·
Registered
383 Posts
As my Doctor just told me that I can't cyclocross, road ride, or properly singletrack until next year due to the wrist I broke in Feb, I am looking to trade my carbon Trek Cronus CX for a decent HT - the Superfly looks to be the bike as Trek don't make any HT 650b :/

I'm a pretty big guy and ride hard - can't decide if it is work it for the Carbon or not, or to wait for any 2015 offering. I liked the idea of there being no 'year model' bikes any more, but now I am in the market, I hate the uncertainty! :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes, also very, very interested in the carbon Remedy 29er. I read somewhere that they would be available for sale this month, but called Trek-US direct and they had no info.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts