Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
81 - 100 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting - Fact or fiction?
Fact, I ride for a Trek shop & am friends with the owner, he's a big Trek customer & had been told this a while ago.

Hoping for a L/S (longer & slacker, it's low enough already!) Fuel EX. I've really liked mine, with a steeper SA, it would be a brilliant one bike solution.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Interesting - Fact or fiction?
Not sure -- but if Trek doesn't trot out a new Fuel EX it will hurt them. It's their bread and butter bike. Note: They aren't stupid, so I'm bettin on a new version.

As far as the Top Fuel, I really want a new version, and the current version is pretty old.

But....it's still fast as heck, and I don't think it makes up any significant portion of their overall sales.

Still hoping for both!

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Seems like everybody is hoping the Top Fuel will become like the the FEX was and the FEX will become like the Remedy was, etc...

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
Seems like everybody is hoping the Top Fuel will become like the the FEX was and the FEX will become like the Remedy was, etc...
Funny because that's basically what they did in 2015/2016.

I want a true long travel freeride bike. I love my Remedy, but I just might love something 170/160 with a 63.5 HA a little more. :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Fact, I ride for a Trek shop & am friends with the owner, he's a big Trek customer & had been told this a while ago.

Hoping for a L/S (longer & slacker, it's low enough already!) Fuel EX. I've really liked mine, with a steeper SA, it would be a brilliant one bike solution.
funny. I also ride for a Trek Shop good friends with both owners and One of those owners is friends with someone that works at Trek. He isn't told anything on whats coming out this year ( 2019) for 2020's release.

No one will know till they are released

·
Registered
126 Posts
funny. I also ride for a trek shop good friends with both owners and one of those owners is friends with someone that works at trek. He isn't told anything on whats coming out this year ( 2019) for 2020's release.

oh yeah? Well this is official issue, my dad got it from somebody who knows somebody who knows steel dragons drum tech!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Everybody in this thread clearly works for a bike shop, yet knows more then the next guy. Out****ingstanding

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
funny. I also ride for a Trek Shop good friends with both owners and One of those owners is friends with someone that works at Trek. He isn't told anything on whats coming out this year ( 2019) for 2020's release.

QFT!

My Dad's best friend forever has a son my age that works for Trek. I've never met him, but I'm still hoping this buys me some mtbr cred for anything I might say in the future!

·
Registered
528 Posts
my local shop told me about the full stache and remedy changes before they were public knowledge, but those were not as far out as the top fuels

·
Registered
934 Posts
Leave the TF at 100mm, maybe refine it more but it already is an awesome xc bike - dont try and fix something that's not broken

I love my Fuel ex but wish it had a tiny more travel, I dont want a Slash as that's a different bike or a remedy as I like 29" wheels.
I would like to see a 140/140mm Trek Fuel ex that is just as capable as the current 130mm but a bit more confident on the downhills.
I think 2 versions of the Fuel ex wouldn't go amiss a 120/120mm "Marathon" version and a 140/140mm "trail" version

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
934 Posts
And Trek please sort out your colours, I'm sick of riding grey and black bikes!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love my Fuel ex but wish it had a tiny more travel, I dont want a Slash as that's a different bike or a remedy as I like 29" wheels.
I would like to see a 140/140mm Trek Fuel ex that is just as capable as the current 130mm but a bit more confident on the downhills.
I think 2 versions of the Fuel ex wouldn't go amiss a 120/120mm "Marathon" version and a 140/140mm "trail" version
Yes please :thumbsup:

·
Australia
332 Posts
I think the Stache hardtail will finally adopt the straight downtube/knock block style frame.

As it stands, the Stache hardtail is the only trail bike (apart from the cheaper, entry level bikes) that doesn't have it.

81 - 100 of 918 Posts