Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,548 Posts
Murchman said:
The Fuel EX lineup looks nice as well. Trek really changed up lines and seem to have a bike for every taste.
They sure do...Hmmm, how do I convince the mrs. to start riding my ol' Fuel and lettin' me upgrade to an new EX ??? (....I wish....kids are eating us out of house and home, these days.....maybe in '06...heh)

·
Registered
234 Posts
unreal lineup. trek definately plugged up some holes this year. making a true trailbike in the ex and beefing the liquid up is awesome. i can't wait to test ride some at a demo day. i wonder how the rs motion control is going to be front and rear.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Interesting. It looks like they've completely dumped the TALAS for the Liquids. Wasn't that the main feature that made them unique? Not that it's a problem. I do like the looks of the Liquid and Session. . . . I guess I've got two more bikes to add to my growing list of bikes I want!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Maybe

Dan Gerous said:
Maybe they are checking if they should loctite the bearings "Cake-style" before they actually ship the bikes. ;)
Ya never know ;) the liquids were up before as well weren't they? Why would they take them down? Did they have a serious problem with the bikes??? I can't really think of a good reason for it...

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
No i don't...

WillyT said:
anyone have a clue about the rear shock on the new fuel ex
...but i was just thinking about that. If somebody wanted to buy a new EX, as soon as they come out, they are being a major guinnea pig. Sure it looks sweet, but It is a new frame, new fork, new rear shock. There are no reviews, no estimate of long term quality. I am not sure that i would want to put myself in that position. I am sure early model Cake owners as well as others know what i mean...

·
Registered
141 Posts
rkj__ said:
...but i was just thinking about that. If somebody wanted to buy a new EX, as soon as they come out, they are being a major guinnea pig. Sure it looks sweet, but It is a new frame, new fork, new rear shock. There are no reviews, no estimate of long term quality. I am not sure that i would want to put myself in that position. I am sure early model Cake owners as well as others know what i mean...
i agree i'm looking for a new bike so i may go with a santa cruz blur but that fuel ex 9 sure is sweet but the only thing that isn't new is the xt parts i think

·
Registered
199 Posts
On the topic of price......

Has anyone notice that there is a big price gap between the Top Fuel 98 and the Fuel 80. The Top Fuel 98 is around $3800 and the Fuel 80 is around $1400. In my mind there is something missing. There has to be a Fuel 95 or a 90 mixed in there around $2500, and $2000. I'm still waiting to see if the rumor of the Fuel 92 is true. This why i asked if there was more bikes to offer because of that price gap.

JM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.