Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Went for a ride late afternoon yesterday in the Tokai forest in Cape Town.

On one of the techy drops in the ST i went offline and hit a loose branch/tree that had fallen over a while ago.

After coming to a stop i noticed i wasn't the one holding my bike up!

Bicycle Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Brown Bicycle Vehicle Plant Bicycle stem

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Bro, that could have hurt bad! Good to see someone is out on their bikes. Have not been on a bike for weeks. Am in Korea at present, Leave here Wednesday, then Holland for 2 days, then home to my bike, oh and a new Audi go fast A4.... Most excited about getting on my bike this weekend.....

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I'm thinking of getting it removed or doing it myself when next i'm in the area. That branch is at the bottom of a technical off-camber drop and when you lose it the camber forces you right towards the branch. If someone lost it bad it could get very messy!

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Minty

Glad you didn't get walloped.... dangerous limb. Made a good photo though. I once hit an off camber drop on the extreme caution line on DH... after the carnage I thought I was holding my bike up, LOL, but the bike was hung up on a tree limb beside me 2m off the ground. I swear when I came to my senses I was still on my bike !~!

MintSauce said:
Hi Guys,

On one of the techy drops in the ST i went offline and hit a loose branch/tree that had fallen over a while ago.

View attachment 225062
View attachment 225063

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
orthorex said:
Whafe, would that be an RS4? I am looking at one of those myself. Have you seen this?

Too good! :thumbsup:
Not quite, dont want an RS4, well I do, but I like havign my license....:D

Have gone for a 2.7 TDI, love the power of this car, gets up and boogies.

Will post a pic with the ML and the A4

Back on topic. Sorry MintS for going off topic

·
Registered
695 Posts
MintSauce said:
Hi Guys,

Impressive!

I had a close encounter with a branch on the ML over the summer. I thought I had enough clearance to get underneath a very large tree branch that had partially broken free of the pine tree it was supposed to be attached to. As I ducked under it my Camelbak caught, pushed the branch up just a bit and proceeded to wedge me in between the tree and my saddle.

Since the large branch was pushing down and my shock was pushing up, I was completely and utterly friggin stuck! The friends who I was riding with all stopped and proceeded to laugh their a$$es off at me while I pleaded for someone to get me off my bike.

After a minute or two of humiliation, they finally pushed the branch up enough to where I could roll out. Luckily the camera was in my Camelbak so no photos were taken of this glorious event.
:D

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one Cranx :lol:

Whafe, no need to apologise! I've jacked my fair share of threads. Not doing it would be like sitting in a lounge(forum) with the owner of the house(thread starter) standing there with a wip in case somebody tried to change the topic of discussion. Sure way to kill a conversation! :)

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Now that sounds familiar. Riding a SB not an ML in Tahoe. Tight turn that also drops between two trees. F'd up the line so front tire skids into tree and I tip into tree. Tree wedges between saddle and frame with me in the middle, dangleing by a leg.
Since I was riding solo, it took me about 15 minutes to get my lame self outta there. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.