Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's right, it's that time of year again. You're slaying the super gnar Schultz Creek trail, setting mad Strava times, running kids off the trail, when Bam! A dead tree across the trail ruins your 6 months of Paleo diet training for that KOM.

Well, I am here to help you out. Thanks to the Coconino National Forest, I am a certified volunteer sawyer and have permission to clear deadfall off the trails on the CNF. And thanks to the local dirt bike club, the Coconino Trail Riders (Coconino Trail Riders Home - Coconino Trail Riders), and with grant money from the OHV sticker fund, I have been equipped with a super sweet Stihl saw, Dakine builders pack, and all the necessary safety gear.

Feel free to post up here or send me a PM with the location and I or the CNF will try and get it cleared ASAP. And if you see some dude riding around on a dirt bike or Devinci Dixon with a big ol pack strapped to his back with a saw poking out, say hi! Or give me the finger, whatever you feel is appropriate I suppose...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,278 Posts
Turn it into a jump.

·
IPA tester
1,361 Posts
That is crappy trail work. Do it right, cut it out. Log rides suck.
Good to have a volunteer on board.
Of course cut it out but you can move it to the side and make it a skinny off to the side to make things a bit different, change it up a bit.

Thanks for your work Chainslap.

·
shred my gnar
604 Posts
Well, I am here to help you out. Thanks to the Coconino National Forest, I am a certified volunteer sawyer and have permission to clear deadfall off the trails on the CNF. And thanks to the local dirt bike club, the Coconino Trail Riders (Coconino Trail Riders Home - Coconino Trail Riders), I have been equipped with a super sweet Stihl saw, Dakine builders pack, and all the necessary safety gear.
fyi... the Coconino Nat Forest = COF, Coronasty Nat Forest = CNF -or- Cleveland Nat Forest.

ims, there is a big one on upper moto... maybe twisted sister. cant remember which one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fyi... the Coconino Nat Forest = COF, Coronasty Nat Forest = CNF -or- Cleveland Nat Forest.

ims, there is a big one on upper moto... maybe twisted sister. cant remember which one.
Cheek White Line Jaw Font

I doubt anyone in the AZ forum was thinking Cleveland National Forest but good to know!

Couple other moto guys supposedly cleared upper moto last week but I'll check. Sounds like AZT needs some loving...anyone ridden it from FR418?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got one tree on West Secret, two on Upper Moto, and one on Newham just east of Upper Moto before my saw started acting up and I had to call it quits...I'll get that sorted and start working on AZT soon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.