Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went OTB the other day, landing in a pile of sticks. My left knee got scraped up.

It's a superficial wound, which seems to be the most painful type. Can't bend the knee; can't sit cross-legged; even pants rubbing up against it is painful. Kneeling is out of the question, as the pressure of climbing into bed is too much. It starts to heal, then I change leg position and it's torture.

It's no big deal, but I feel like whining about it 'cause it hurts so damn much!! :( Who's got a favorite remedy? Already tried Bag Balm and aloe plant goop.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
get some big non stick gauze pads. make sure they're non-stick, cause otherwise it hurts like he!! to remove them. Tape em on. some neosporin helps too. that's my method. either that or I just suffer like a badass.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rub dirt into it and then sit in a smoke filled room. It will enhance the scarring nicely. Thats how the scarification is done by some tribes. Oh... wait.... you want it to heal fast? pffft... what kind of scarification ritual are you doing?

Just stay away from this stuff. It will severely impede any scarring.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
zenorb's right but

just how many times do we hafta tell you to not fall off your bike? C'mon Christine, jeez!!! ;)

If the neosporin isn't enough the try summa this stuff, works great.

Jim, master faller offer.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aha thanks guys!

I knew there was a recent thread someplace.....but that would involve looking it up and not getting to whine about it!

Duoderm sounds interesting. Already got some good elastic bandages, but they seem a little too air-tight. Made the wound fester a bit.....not pretty.

What's nice is that the scar should match the one on my right knee! :D

·
Banned
656 Posts
definately duoderm. its not cheap but very effective. ive used it lots for the third degree burns ive suffered plus mtb scrapes. If not a big band aid plus antibiotic creme works really well also but not as efficiently. make sure to clean with hydrogen peroxide first though in both cases.just dont put any cremes on the duoderm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.