Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2001 Toyota Sequoia was stolen on 6/7 approx 00:45
If anyone see's it on the open road please report to police.

Theft Occurred in Danville 94526..

Small dent on rear bumber driver side. Very few Black lifted Sequoia's, should stick out of its not already torn down.

This is what your looking for...also a video of the theft after the saggy pants hoodlum prepped and came back for the grab....The guy also hit our entire street pulling packages and checking doors.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,720 Posts
Damn, sorry.

Reactions: TraxFactory

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man!!!! What city/area did this happen? Such a bummer!!!
Danville 94526.

I know! so bummed. I just came back from Downieville and didn't drive so I pulled some gear out the back.

Still lost A3 Helmet numerous vests, gloves and glasses. Some bike maintenance tools few other items.

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks so bad! It looks like the door was left unlocked and there were extra keys in it??
This video is after he prepped for the grab. No keys and pretty sure it was locked. Other neighbor video show him using what looks like a universal FOB.

Here is the prep video:

·
Premium Member
5,804 Posts
Looks like they knew exactly what they were looking for? That sucks, sorry.

·
Registered
Lone Wolf
2,561 Posts
My 2001 Toyota Sequoia was stolen on 6/7 approx 00:45
If anyone see's it on the open road please report to police.

Theft Occurred in Danville 94526..

Small dent on rear bumber driver side. Very few Black lifted Sequoia's, should stick out of its not already torn down.

This is what your looking for...also a video of the theft after the saggy pants hoodlum prepped and came back for the grab....The guy also hit our entire street pulling packages and checking doors.

View attachment 1934128

I can't even wrap my head around his ballsy that is. Hopefully this scumbag gets caught and you get your truck back in one piece.

·
Get Down Do you
511 Posts
This video is after he prepped for the grab. No keys and pretty sure it was locked. Other neighbor video show him using what looks like a universal FOB.

Here is the prep video:

Not sure if this is the case with you but if you are one of those people who have keyless entry or keyless start do not leave your keys in your garage or close to your vehicle. These guys are using boosters to grab the original signal and walk away with the vehicle.

Here is an article from 2017 you can only assume the tech has gotten better. My wife parks her subie outside and we take the keys into the bedroom vs leaving them hanging in the garage.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,516 Posts
thing had another 20 years left in it being a CA toyota

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,054 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuuck, that sucks.

Sorry, man. :(

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not sure if this is the case with you but if you are one of those people who have keyless entry or keyless start do not leave your keys in your garage or close to your vehicle. These guys are using boosters to grab the original signal and walk away with the vehicle.

Here is an article from 2017 you can only assume the tech has gotten better. My wife parks her subie outside and we take the keys into the bedroom vs leaving them hanging in the garage.

That sequoia is 20 years old. No electronic key then. Really sucks it was stolen because it looked brand new still.

I keep my key in a lined box when I'm in the office. At home it's in the garage so I don't worry there. But if we travel, I always shut the keys off after locking it. It's super easy to do and only takes a second.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well damn, I need to come up with an actual security plan for the driveway now it looks like. Had no idea it was that easy. Prayers that you get your vehicle back in good shape quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
WTF! I live in Danville too. I was just getting used to having my packages and mail lifted. Now I have to start putting steering wheel locks on my cars?

I haven't been chaining up my bikes in the garage yet, but I wonder if I should start like some do in SF/elsewhere. Bastard Thieves: Take the cars... I can replace them more quickly and easily. But don't take the bikes! I wouldn't be able to get replacements for many months!

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,516 Posts
That sequoia is 20 years old. No electronic key then. Really sucks it was stolen because it looked brand new still.

I keep my key in a lined box when I'm in the office. At home it's in the garage so I don't worry there. But if we travel, I always shut the keys off after locking it. It's super easy to do and only takes a second.
it would have a chipped key and a sensor around the steering lock
and engine immobilizer from factory..... must have bypassed it.

my 99 4runner has that minimal stuff....but by now every chop shop must
have easy ways around it. all they need is VIN which is visible on dash

·
Registered
604 Posts
it would have a chipped key and a sensor around the steering lock
and engine immobilizer from factory..... must have bypassed it.

my 99 4runner has that minimal stuff....but by now every chop shop must
have easy ways around it. all they need is VIN which is visible on dash
He was referring to the new keys with push button start. There's a relay to trick the car into thinking the key is next to the vehicle to open, then inside the vehicle to start. It's best to keep them in a RFID container or turn the key off to avoid someone taking off with your vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
He was referring to the new keys with push button start. There's a relay to trick the car into thinking the key is next to the vehicle to open, then inside the vehicle to start. It's best to keep them in a RFID container or turn the key off to avoid someone taking off with your vehicle.
Explain it like I'm five - how does one turn the key off ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts