Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
MattyBoyR6 said:
Where can you find an '05 66RC for $300?
ebay....Theres one major differance between a 888vf and a RC that you should be aware of. when your gonna ride fast thru shutter bumps, rocks, braking bumps---any repeating highspeed hits, the VF will lock up on you since the ssvf dampers spike and wont be able to keep up. the HSCV dampers found in the RC will be able to remain active over repeating high speed hits.

this is a big differance. 888vf is good for smooth, groomed trails with large drops, tho, once it gets a bumpy and fast, you'll be holdin on for ur life while the RC would just track str8 thru.

Master_Jako said:
ebay....Theres one major differance between a 888vf and a RC that you should be aware of. when your gonna ride fast thru shutter bumps, rocks, braking bumps---any repeating highspeed hits, the VF will lock up on you since the ssvf dampers spike and wont be able to keep up. the HSCV dampers found in the RC will be able to remain active over repeating high speed hits.

this is a big differance. 888vf is good for smooth, groomed trails with large drops, tho, once it gets a bumpy and fast, you'll be holdin on for ur life while the RC would just track str8 thru.
Exactly...stay away from the SSVF dampers found in cheaper Marz forks.

Have you considered looking into a used 05 888RC? You'll be far more pleased with it than a VF, and they're going for $400-$500 right now.

My 03 Dorado hasn't broken...yet... :skep:

Master_Jako said:

it doesnt lock up, it just goes slower than it should...
RC will just track over everything

Being riding Manitou for about 4 years, shermans, dorados, travis, never had a issue with!
It's funny to C' people just yalking **** about it, and they never even tried the forks!
My Travis work better tham any 888 , i ever rode! 888, 06,05,04, rebound is a JOKE!
And they are not that reliable either!

Uhmmm, yeah, my d!ck is bigger than yours and my dad can beat up your dad. I had a Sherman, it was great for a short period of time. Then it went back to Manitou, it felt good, and then it sucked again in a short period time. Either you don't know any different or you don't ride much. That is my wild-a$$ed assumption. Take that. And your Travis will suck soon if you continue to ride it. Also, I work as a bike wrench and every Sherman that comes into our door feels like crap, since its been ridden and all. Lots of warranties too. Marzocchis are not impervious to problems, but I think they feel better and last longer. All consumers want is a good bang for the buck and usually Marz delivers.

Ivan the Terrible said:
Uhmmm, yeah, my d!ck is bigger than yours and my dad can beat up your dad. I had a Sherman, it was great for a short period of time. Then it went back to Manitou, it felt good, and then it sucked again in a short period time. Either you don't know any different or you don't ride much. That is my wild-a$$ed assumption. Take that. And your Travis will suck soon if you continue to ride it. Also, I work as a bike wrench and every Sherman that comes into our door feels like crap, since its been ridden and all. Lots of warranties too. Marzocchis are not impervious to problems, but I think they feel better and last longer. All consumers want is a good bang for the buck and usually Marz delivers.
So you wrench, BFD most mechanic i know don't even no how to set up a chain-line on a DH bike, kid! I sell them all RS,MARZZ,MANI,and i have a wherehouse full of forks!
So for some one that work for the industry to make a stupid comente like yours,stupid!
If you check my pix you i'll C, that what i write i do from my own experience!
If you are such a awesome mechanic you would advise you customer to service ALL FORKS, @ least once every two years!
By the way i do ride way more then you do, just because i'm not stuck on a stupid bike shop! C'YA.............
Grow up make money, ride more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok D!ldo

pvflyer said:
So you wrench, BFD most mechanic i know don't even no how to set up a chain-line on a DH bike, kid! I sell them all RS,MARZZ,MANI,and i have a wherehouse full of forks!
So for some one that work for the industry to make a stupid comente like yours,stupid!
If you check my pix you i'll C, that what i write i do from my own experience!
If you are such a awesome mechanic you would advise you customer to service ALL FORKS, @ least once every two years!
By the way i do ride way more then you do, just because i'm not stuck on a stupid bike shop! C'YA.............
Grow up make money, ride more!!!!!!!!!!!!
As orginally stated, its only based on my experience with Manitou forks. I'm glad you can make all those assumptions about how much I ride and whether or not I'm a good wrench. The "kid" part is awesome. I don't really see how my comments were so far out. Simply stated my experience with Shermans. Your assumptions are all over the place which makes you an a$$clown. Perhaps you should be the one growing up.

Ivan the Terrible said:
As orginally stated, its only based on my experience with Manitou forks. I'm glad you can make all those assumptions about how much I ride and whether or not I'm a good wrench. The "kid" part is awesome. I don't really see how my comments were so far out. Simply stated my experience with Shermans. Your assumptions are all over the place which makes you an a$$clown. Perhaps you should be the one growing up.
owned...

Ivan the Terrible said:
You the one assuming here, i have a Travis i have being riding it for ove four month DUMB SS, and it just keep on getting better with time!!!!!!!
What i stated is true, the rebound of the new Intrinsic is better, then the 888, that's it!
So you gonna tell me the Marzocchi forks oil recycle by it self, the bushings will not dry out and crack or the alluminum will not fatigue!
Perhaps you should go back to school and learn a bit about, metals and hydraulics.ASS WIPE! What about that pesky little HSCV, if you know what that's ?

Have a good day.

pvflyer said:
You the one assuming here, i have a Travis i have being riding it for ove four month DUMB SS, and it just keep on getting better with time!!!!!!!
What i stated is true, the rebound of the new Intrinsic is better, then the 888, that's it!
So you gonna tell me the Marzocchi forks oil recycle by it self, the bushings will not dry out and crack or the alluminum will not fatigue!
Perhaps you should go back to school and learn a bit about, metals and hydraulics.ASS WIPE! What about that pesky little HSCV, if you know what that's ?

Have a good day.
You are not very good at those come back things, you sound like you are twelve...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.