Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I had one on demo two or three weekends ago and probably put a good 25 miles on it over a couple days, lots of different terrain. I liked it a lot, it does exactly that, feel like a 26er in the rear, with the agility and cadence of the 26er in the rear, with a nice big 29er front that mows over everything. I was worried it would also come up too easily up front but with the flat bar/inverted stem it stayed planted very well. It also handled very well, ripped around corners with precision and generally actually felt pretty balanced. It worked so well that I attempted to mimic the bike with another 26er I have with similar geometry but the axle/crown was was too big on the only 29er fork I own, so it went back to a full 26er (this is on my singlespeed too).

Would I take it over a nice light full 29er? That is a good question. It did feel a little weird to have such a sweet front but then have it bounce in the rear over the small stuff.. I would probably truthfully take the 29er, but it was still a sweet bike...

Also plenty of clearance for possibly 650b, for what its worth...

Attachments

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
One of my friends just bought a Trek 69er. Very nice bike. She's loving it. I'm drooling over it. It's wicked-cool looking with the gloss black paint job and the white, Fox fork. And my all-too-brief ride on it left me with an excellent impression.

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the picture on the trek site has a bottom pull as well............

and i wonder why he has gone for the manitou fork over the fox, or even new reba, maybe it will be standard on the 09 models to drop the price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.