Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Bunch of guys ride it SS. Around Santa Cruz you will find a whole slough of gear ratios and power-weight ratios. I run a 32x18 and that was tough in there for me. One of my buddies rides a 34x16 and comes out okay. Depends what you are used to. Run what you got. Worst thing that will happen is you will walk up a couple of the steep sections.

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Most things are

I ride it with 34:19, and have done with 36:19. Francois rides 2:1 with 175mm cranks, but he's not all human.

I have to walk about half of Sulphur Springs Road, but I'm old and fat.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Demo Forest is very SS friendly..

Diesel said:
planing to ride Soquel Demo among others. Is it SS'able? If so what is the prefered ratio?

Thanks,
Demo Forest is my back door. I usually ride 34:18 and except for a few hike a bike areas your golden. First time ride I always recommend Braille; lots of fun. Take the time to ride up Highland to Buzzard Lagoon; the Ridge Trail is worth the climb. When are you coming? Maybe I'll join you.

1G1G, Brad

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Eight or so of us SoCals will be heading there May 19th to the 24th. I still haven't decided, ride the Double Dribble (27lbs) and make most of the climbs or bring the Diesel (18lbs) and walk a lot of the climbs.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
681 Posts
Diesel said:
Eight or so of us SoCals will be heading there May 19th to the 24th. I still haven't decided, ride the Double Dribble (27lbs) and make most of the climbs or bring the Diesel (18lbs) and walk a lot of the climbs.

Thanks again,
Demo is very ssable. And its perfect hardtail territory. Ground is especially smooth right now as the summer stutter bumps haven't set in yet. No need for extra dribble. Bring the single.

Sabine

·
Registered
122 Posts
Both

Soquel is great for the Dualy or SS. You should post again when you are going to ride exactly and some of us can meet you there. We can do a double lapper and then hit the General Store for a sandwhich. Just another weekend of redwood tree dodging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.