Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Coiler Dee-lux. I am looking for a set of travel plates that add the extra inch to the rear. BETD isn't making their new batch till mid Jan of 06, and they will still be on back order. Does anyone know where I can get some? It doesn't matter if they are BETD or others, as long as they work. If anyone has them, I am willing to pay top dollar for them. Thanks.

Bobby

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Baysh said:
I have an 04 Coiler Dee-lux. I am looking for a set of travel plates that add the extra inch to the rear. BETD isn't making their new batch till mid Jan of 06, and they will still be on back order. Does anyone know where I can get some? It doesn't matter if they are BETD or others, as long as they work. If anyone has them, I am willing to pay top dollar for them. Thanks.

Bobby
Contact Kona and pick up the o5 or o6 plates. They should put you back roughly 100 bucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Contact Kona and pick up the o5 or o6 plates. They should put you back roughly 100 bucks.
I tried, but they wouldn't sell me any. I guess they dont want to void warranty or something like that. I even had my local bike shop's employees call them to try and get some, and they still said no. Very frustrating.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Baysh said:
I tried, but they wouldn't sell me any. I guess they dont want to void warranty or something like that. I even had my local bike shop's employees call them to try and get some, and they still said no. Very frustrating.
Coilers only have a 1 year warranty. You're probably out of the warranty period already. If you really have to, lie through you're teeth and tell them you have the o5 but want to have the o6 style plates or that you bent the o5 plates. Worse comes to worse, have your machine shop mill you a set.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Coilers only have a 1 year warranty. You're probably out of the warranty period already. If you really have to, lie through you're teeth and tell them you have the o5 but want to have the o6 style plates or that you bent the o5 plates. Worse comes to worse, have your machine shop mill you a set.
It's funny you say that. That's what I had the bike shop employees tell Kona. About the 05 plates, Kona insisted that the old plates be sent in (if damaged). As far as the 06 plates go, I emailed them explaining that I wanted a set for my brother for a Xmas gift, since he has the 05 and he likes the 06 style ( ;) ) and no response yet. That was 3 weeks ago. But, I'll give them a call and just ask for them. Why should they refuse? You are right. The warranty is up anyway right? Thanks for the help. I'll do that tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.