Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
person
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read that you can increase the rear wheel travel of your frame. I also have read that if you do this by buying different suspension plates that it changes the leverage ratio on some bikes. I was wondering if it would affect mine. I have an 02 Kona bear. Thanks again

·
carpe mañana
7,307 Posts
Well, what you say is true of very few frames. This usually applies to either extremely popular mass produced bikes, when a small manufacturer makes some custom parts to tweak the bike in a way a lot of riders would really appreciate. Otherwise, a few select butique brands have this feature engineered into the frames.

You would need to do quite a bit of research, but possibly linkage plates from another model Kona could work. You could possibly replace the rear shock with one of the same eye2eye but longer stroke. Just make sure your seatstay won't hit the seat tube at full compression.

It is also not all that cheap to be investing in linkage plates, possibly new shocks, etc. You may just be better off selling the frame and buying a new one with more travel.

_MK

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
G-VegasMTBiker said:
I had read that you can increase the rear wheel travel of your frame. I also have read that if you do this by buying different suspension plates that it changes the leverage ratio on some bikes. I was wondering if it would affect mine. I have an 02 Kona bear. Thanks again
www.betd.co.uk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.