1ST-2006 Transition Preston FR 4 or 5 inch travel
cost-$979
shock-manitou 4 way
frame weight with shock-8.9 lbs

2ND-2005 Versus Blitz 4,5,6 rear travel
cost-$699
shock-manitou 4 way
frame weight with shock-9.7 lbs

I want a new frame to use at my local trails,I'm 5 foot 6 inchs tall and about 160 lbs..my local trails has a mix of everything mostly freeride with a fair amountof XC and some DH mixed in
The Preston has a better warranty and a better crash replacement policy, I like the idea of having the Versus because of the 3 travel settings where the Transition only has 2 ..the Preston is lighter so that is a plus but the versus is cheaper
any and all input is welcome

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Wow thats tough!! I ride a '05 Blitz & have only good things to say about it as well as the customer service, all primo. The Preston is a very sweet frame also & i have heard the customer service to be very good also. So i personally feel it is a tie between the two, it would have to go on your personal choice.

As far as the shock possitions you will need to swap shock springs to accomadate the different ratios, there is no change the bolt location & walla we have less or more travel. I ride my Blitz in the 6 inch travel as a AM do all bike. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice looking bike..it is a hard choice between the 2 frames...I ride another transition already and love it and the CS at transition is 100%
it sucks because no one in my area has a versus blitz so I can't even test ride one
I wish I had the cash to go out and buy both frames
that would just leave just one problem, the problem of picking what one to ride 1st

·
Registered
213 Posts
dogonfr looks like you have a dhx 5.0 on the Blitz

What lb of spring do you run when in the 6in mode and how light are you. I'm 190 and was thinking of using a 600lb spring.on my Blitz.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I not so svelt ( said like boris batonoff)

That is a strong spring. Do you go big or do you like the bike stiff or have I been told wrong? Would a 650 or 700 still allow it to be plush? I am sure I will do no drops over 4 feet but will do some heavy duty large rock gardens. thanks

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Im no leverage guiness but it is very plush in fact i was concerned after it broke in that it was to soft because of the sag about 2 inches i think. I ride it hard but at my age the wheel tend to stay on the ground more. I ride Downieville, N* & alot of the local stuff without a problem seems to work fine!! :D

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Poser said:
Mostly into my mouth. Depending on mental state. :D Thanks for the help:thumbsup:
Awwww.... You beat me to the punch on making fun of dogonfr. :( I wanted to do it. :cryin:

I'd get the Versus, since it's a bunch cheaper. Both are great bikes, but saving $280 sounds pretty good to me. :thumbsup: Make sure you post lots of build pics.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Hardtails Are Better said:
Awwww.... You beat me to the punch on making fun of dogonfr. :( I wanted to do it. :cryin:

I'd get the Versus, since it's a bunch cheaper. Both are great bikes, but saving $280 sounds pretty good to me. :thumbsup: Make sure you post lots of build pics.
:lol::ciappa::lol::ciappa::lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.