Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1975 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Been waiting since September and it's finally here.
X01 Build with BTLOS carbon wheels.
Medium frame, weighted as pictured at 11.7kg with tubeless sealant and pretty heavy flat pedals.
Now I need a dropper with more travel (180 or 210mm).
Can't wait to ride this thing

·
Registered
107 Posts
anyone have any luck putting two water bottle cages on their spur? size medium frame specifically.
I haven't tried specifically, but on my size large it looks like it would not fit. It's already pretty tight between a single water bottle on the downtube and tube strapped to the top tube.

Transition says you can fit 2 water bottles, but their recommendation is to use the mounting bosses on the underside of the down tube for your second bottle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been waiting since September and it's finally here.
X01 Build with BTLOS carbon wheels.
Medium frame, weighted as pictured at 11.7kg with tubeless sealant and pretty heavy flat pedals.
Now I need a dropper with more travel (180 or 210mm).
Can't wait to ride this thing

View attachment 1924676
hey man, I'm waiting for my gx build from Bikedeal as well atm, waiting for Ido to put a wheelset together for me. would love to have a riding partner for this new ride, coming from the enduro background, I dont really know a lot of mellow trails.
PM me if you're interested.
enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I immediately went with the 180 rotor at initial build and am keeping an eye on the cranks. My local stuff is mostly pretty smooth, but if I go down south (Southern Utah) I think I'll definitely want the 170's.

Still working on the sus setup. Ran the fork at 20% over the weekend, but trying 25% next. Rear is set at 28% and honestly don't feel the need to fiddle with it, used just a hair shy of full travel over the weekend.
Yep it's pedal strikey for sure! That said, I'll take it due to the fun and safe nature of the bike. Some shorter cranks would help.

Also, I found the rear likes more sag. I'm 28-30%. I've had more pressure in the shock and it's more supportive, but damn it's so good with more sag! I'm about 25-28% on the fork. Running rebound front and rear dead in the middle. The bike is sofa king good!!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Finally got some shakedowns on the Spur over the weekend; mostly fast flowy, with a few semi chunky bits. Can really only reiterate what so many others have already said.

Laser....guided....rocket!

Super quick and responsive. I feel like the sensation at speed is best described as floating; you never get that sensation of being deep in the travel, but it doesn't feel harsh or like you're running out of travel either....just floating. Pumping it is like a shot of nitro....zoooooom!!
I like to describe the suspension as supportive, not plush, not harsh, just supportive and poppy.

·
No Clue Crew
7,172 Posts
I’m running measured sag at 30% in the rear, 15% front. I ride in one of the rockiest environments around and I’ve had no unexpected pedal strikes. I‘ve had several bikes recently that were MUCH worse (Stumpy Evo, Tallboy V4, Trek Fuel EX).

·
Registered
4 Posts
They say that it would arrive mid-March (like next week Wednesday). Have not yet ordered all the parts as it has took while to ship over here 😁 Some new parts and some from my current bike.

Sorry to hear you situation 🙄
Frame arrived yesterday 🥰 Plan is to install Invisiframe matte kit next and prepare wheels etc. Next week then build it up. Weather is still misserable, waiting for more sunny days before hitting the wet and soft trails 😀 Frame does look really good, I took the deep sea green, size large for my 84cm inseam / 184cm total height.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There is a little mistake in the list. The XTR seatpost lever includes the PNW Loam 170 seatpost.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

And one more note - two scales two results. Bike scale: 11.34kg, parts scale: 11.26kg. Good enough for me

Looking forward to some great adventures with the Spur! Especially this one: Tour des Combins Bikepacking Route - BIKEPACKING.com

Enjoy your rides!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been thinking about ordering a Spur, and I noticed they just added a Deore model to their build list. $4199

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not a bad build, especially if you prefer Shimano.
I don't have a strong preference one way or the other, but it might work better with my current setup. I already have an SLX Ripmo, and I've been contemplating a lighter wheelset for it.

As part of that goal, I picked up some Shimano rotors and an XT Cassette. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Question on the G2 brakes...I changed the front to a 200 rotor, moved the 180 to the rear...every now and again I'll get a rotor and pad rubbing after a long downhill section or extended hard braking...sometimes it lingers, sometimes it goes away quickly. I don't recall it doing this at all before the caliper spacers were put on. So wondering if it's the caliper moving slightly under heavy braking OR is the G2's known to drag a bit?

1821 - 1840 of 1975 Posts