Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1561 - 1568 of 1568 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
This thread has convinced me to remove the 165s off my wife's bike, install them on my Evo, and do a true proper rest ride on 165s. Both are 30mm spindles and GXP so this swap will be cake.

I've pedalled the 165s around but on a bike 3 sizes too small so not sure I'm really getting the entire needed effect.

I'd so LOVE to have 5mm more pedal clearance but this won't be the primary determining factor.

Also, worth mentioning, I did the Bike radar math (leg length, I used inseam x .4/ 2) and that formula recommends 167.5mm cranks for me. Would have been more clear if they would have said 'standing inseam x .2, but what do I know.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
IM pretty sure ill go with 170... Im surprised how many times ive read "going down to 170mm was such a great move--- but 165 felt kinda weird"... Looking forward top hearing what suns has to say after trying the 165's....

Plus if i go 170--i can get dub BB for the spur... Vs gxp that i was going to run with my 175's...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok... so after a long wait since August I’ve finally received my X01 Spur with some upgrades:
invisiFRAME matte wrap
Code RSC w/180 Centerline X Rotors (F+R) and MXT pads
AXS Derailleur + Shifter
170 xx1 cranks w/ AbsoluteBlack 32t Oval
210 OneUp dropper
BTLOS WM-i30AS (Asymmetric + Shallow) 30mm IW wheels with Hydra hub and Torque Caps (1,605g)
XR 4 (Front/Temporarily) + Forekaster (Rear)
CB Candy pedals
ODI Elite Pro grips
WTB Koda saddle

The bike came up to 26.2 lbs with pedals. I thought it’ll be somewhere in the 25 lbs range, but it’s not a big deal.
I went with size Large. I’m 6’ 2” 180lbs (no gear) with long legs (36” inseam). Cut the OneUp bars down to 780 right away. The bike feels spot on.

Took it for a first ride by my house on easy trails after over 4 month brake of no riding at all. Was able to cover 22 miles and 3,000 elev.
It was a bit difficult to judge the bike for its climbing abilities since I’m completely out of shape. But in comparison to SB100 that I used to have it probably climbs about the same, just much more comfortable sitting position with the additional seat tube angle. But once the bike is pointed down I could instantly tell the difference. Don’t get me wrong, SB100 is an incredible bike, but Spur is Level Up. On turns and berms the Spur feels like a 27.5.

So far I’m really impressed. My other two bikes are SB130 LR (on 150 fork) and DV9 hardtail. But DV9 will be leaving the stable right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok... so after a long wait since August I’ve finally received my X01 Spur with some upgrades:
invisiFRAME matte wrap
Code RSC w/180 Centerline X Rotors (F+R) and MXT pads
AXS Derailleur + Shifter
170 xx1 cranks w/ AbsoluteBlack 32t Oval
210 OneUp dropper
BTLOS WM-i30AS (Asymmetric + Shallow) 30mm IW wheels with Hydra hub and Torque Caps (1,605g)
XR 4 (Front/Temporarily) + Forekaster (Rear)
CB Candy pedals
ODI Elite Pro grips
WTB Koda saddle

The bike came up to 26.2 lbs with pedals. I thought it’ll be somewhere in the 25 lbs range, but it’s not a big deal.
I went with size Large. I’m 6’ 2” 180lbs (no gear) with long legs (36” inseam). Cut the OneUp bars down to 780 right away. The bike feels spot on.

Congrats on the new ride! Give it some time to get the fit. I am on my 4th ride and finally getting things dialed. The SB100 is a great climber - I do like the SI link over technical climbs. The extra 20mm of travel makes a difference.

Sent from the singletrack...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Give it some time to get the fit. I am on my 4th ride and finally getting things dialed. The SB100 is a great climber - I do like the SI link over technical climbs. The extra 20mm of travel makes a difference.

Sent from the singletrack...
All Yeti bikes Climb and Descend REALLY Good thanks to their Switch Infinity.
If Yeti would’ve built up their SB115 with modern Geo like the Spur and used SID Lux in the rear and SID 35mm upfront, it would probably be even a better bike than the Spur.
When SB100 was first announced I thought to myself that the frame looks absolutely amazing. But the Spur is most definitely the best looking full suspension bike I’ve ever seen.
MTB Savant (YouTube) built up SB100 very similar to the Spur and he was very pleased from the result. And he owns a Spur as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
All Yeti bikes Climb and Descend REALLY Good thanks to their Switch Infinity.
If Yeti would’ve built up their SB115 with modern Geo like the Spur and used SID Lux in the rear and SID 35mm upfront, it would probably be even a better bike than the Spur.
When SB100 was first announced I thought to myself that the frame looks absolutely amazing. But the Spur is most definitely the best looking full suspension bike I’ve ever seen.
MTB Savant (YouTube) built up SB100 very similar to the Spur and he was very pleased from the result. And he owns a Spur as well.

I watched his video and I was considering the changes to my SB100 as well - until I received my Spur frame. I had the same thoughts if Yeti would have updated the geometry with the SI link. You would wish Yeti would have created an SB120 with new frame numbers instead of a rehash to a SB115. Maybe this year, you never know - but I do know I am enjoying the Spur at the moment. Curious how much time you will ride your SB130 now that you have your Spur.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I watched his video and I was considering the changes to my SB100 as well - until I received my Spur frame. I had the same thoughts if Yeti would have updated the geometry with the SI link. You would wish Yeti would have created an SB120 with new frame numbers instead of a rehash to a SB115. Maybe this year, you never know - but I do know I am enjoying the Spur at the moment. Curious how much time you will ride your SB130 now that you have your Spur.
On more demanding rides my SB130 LR with Cascade Link is an absolute beast. So far I’ve never felt like I needed a bigger bike. But since I become a father about 1.5y ago, I haven’t had a chance to visit a bike park or do any extra gnarly trails that usually would require shuttling. Even though my guess that the SB130 would not disappoint. On top of it, SB130 is a superb climber.
When I had the SB130 and the Ibis DV9, I still rode more on SB130. So now when the DV9 is leaving the stable and gets replaced by the Spur I’m guessing I’ll be using the SB130 on about 20% of my rides or even less.

1561 - 1568 of 1568 Posts