Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1568 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sure would like to find a Green Large X01 in stock somewhere. I reckon I'm not the only one...
I've had my large green x01 on order since august. If you find one in stock somewhere, I'm gonna be PO'd! :LOL:

Reactions: avidtest

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had my large green x01 on order since august. If you find one in stock somewhere, I'm gonna be PO'd! :LOL:
Ruh roh lol.. I ordered the same bike early Oct and was told Dec-Feb ETA.. now its slid into February lol. Did you order yours straight thru transition or a LBS?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ruh roh lol.. I ordered the same bike early Oct and was told Dec-Feb ETA.. now its slid into February lol. Did you order yours straight thru transition or a LBS?
Ordered from my LBS in California

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@richt2000 i like your style lol. I have a V2 sentinel now and demo'd a revel ranger last weekend.. 67.5 head angle sucks going downhill tech/rocks when used to a 64ish HA.

The revel ranger was pretty sweet thu.. rear end suspension does seem amazing but the front of it didnt seem match how good the rear was.
I really wanted to try a revel but they haven’tmade it to the UK yet. I believe there is now a distributor but no one seems to sell them. They sure look amazing.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I really wanted to try a revel but they haven’tmade it to the UK yet. I believe there is now a distributor but no one seems to sell them. They sure look amazing.
I like the Revel but the suspension has 18 bearings in it. Most of the creaks, cricks, pops, and pings come from around the suspension area. Whether it's dirt, grime, improper toque, etc...... I would be scared of chasing noises on that bike. The reviews though is that suspension is really good, and the bike is supposed to be a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind taking a test ride on one for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi

How much of the shock travel are people using on their spur. I currently have mine set up just above 25% sag but are basically using all the travel all the time. I would expect to use most of the travel when landing from jumps and drop etc. and I'm not experiencing any significantly amount of hard bottom outs but I'm often using more travel in the compression on a takeoff than on the landing.
I'm currently at 210psi for a geared up wight of around 90kg. Size medium spur with the sidluxe select+.

Is it worth trying to add a volume spacer?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi

How much of the shock travel are people using on their spur. I currently have mine set up just above 25% sag but are basically using all the travel all the time. I would expect to use most of the travel when landing from jumps and drop etc. and I'm not experiencing any significantly amount of hard bottom outs but I'm often using more travel in the compression on a takeoff than on the landing.
I'm currently at 210psi for a geared up wight of around 90kg. Size medium spur with the sidluxe select+.

I use most/full travel just about every ride, even on mellow or flatter trails. With that said I have never felt it bottoming out harshly on the ruff stuff. I imagine I would add the volume spacer if it was bottoming out consistently in a harsh way. Really impressed with how the bike uses that 120mm of travel.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Its still early days for me. I’m also 90kg rider weight and was having to run 230psi to get 25% sag, but don’t forget that different shock pumps can be 10%+ tollerance.

Have nearly bottomed it out, say used 43mm of travel from a 2ft drop to flat.

I’ve borrowed a 2021 fox dps factory to give ago, just swapped it in but not ridden it yet. The bike does sit higher in its travel though than the sid so looks promising to make pedalling seat angle improvements

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

I'm set at 25% and use full travel every ride, but there are only a handful of times where I've noticeably felt the bottom.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now my LBS is saying no ETA available.

"However your bike is affected by their current inventory and it looks like Transition is waiting on shipments of frame, bikes and parts to fulfill all their outstanding orders, you being one of them."

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Urgh deadly. YT izzo is a very very similar bike in climbing and descending if you can get your hands on one of those instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!
My first post here. I have an Ibis Ripmo that I really really enjoy. But the cant really stop thinking about the Spur. Even though my Ripmo is pretty light it is perhaps a little to much bike for my home trails.
Have anyone had both bikes and can compare? How much faster/poppier/ligher feeling is the Spur compared to the Ripmo?

Are you still able to send 5 feet drops to flat-ish landings? Would you be comfortable taking it to a bike park if you only did 3-4 bike park days a year?

I

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi!
My first post here. I have an Ibis Ripmo that I really really enjoy. But the cant really stop thinking about the Spur. Even though my Ripmo is pretty light it is perhaps a little to much bike for my home trails.
Have anyone had both bikes and can compare? How much faster/poppier/ligher feeling is the Spur compared to the Ripmo?

Are you still able to send 5 feet drops to flat-ish landings? Would you be comfortable taking it to a bike park if you only did 3-4 bike park days a year?

I
I think if your going to do a Ibis vs Transition comparison you have to go Ripley vs Spur, or Ripmo vs Sentinel. My buddy has a Ripley and we have swapped a few times on the trail and as far as efficiency and overall pedaling performance the Spur and Ripley are close. I would say that his Ripley feels maybe a little more planted, however, that is not always a good thing depending on your riding style. I like to goof off while on the trail and being able to shift, pick up the front or back wheel and play around on natural trail features. I think the Spur feels more playful, however, the Ripley was not set up for me, and I don’t have extended time on it to really have a good feel for it.

Anyway, I can’t see how the Spur wouldn’t be faster/poppier/lighter feeling than a Ripmo?

I wouldn’t take my Spur to the bike park. It could handle it, I mean I’ve watched guys riding hard tails at the bike park. I think about the machine made flow trails and think the Spur would be so much fun, however, I need a bike that has some built in margin of error, and I don’t want to beat up my Spur.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think if your going to do a Ibis vs Transition comparison you have to go Ripley vs Spur, or Ripmo vs Sentinel. My buddy has a Ripley and we have swapped a few times on the trail and as far as efficiency and overall pedaling performance the Spur and Ripley are close. I would say that his Ripley feels maybe a little more planted, however, that is not always a good thing depending on your riding style. I like to goof off while on the trail and being able to shift, pick up the front or back wheel and play around on natural trail features. I think the Spur feels more playful, however, the Ripley was not set up for me, and I don’t have extended time on it to really have a good feel for it.

Anyway, I can’t see how the Spur wouldn’t be faster/poppier/lighter feeling than a Ripmo?

I wouldn’t take my Spur to the bike park. It could handle it, I mean I’ve watched guys riding hard tails at the bike park. I think about the machine made flow trails and think the Spur would be so much fun, however, I need a bike that has some built in margin of error, and I don’t want to beat up my Spur.

You are off course right that the Ripley is more similar to the Ripmo but the Ripmo is pretty sporty-feeling for what it is and I imagine there are others like me how
Thanx BluePitch!

Yes, I imagine the Spur should be faster/poppier/ligher-feeling than the Ripmo but the har question is by "how much". I guess only a back-to-back test could answer that. However getting at testride on a Spur right now is next to impossible.
I thought there might be other like me that bought the Ripmo because of the amazing Reviews and the hype but have come to think that it is actually to much bike for much of what we do. I imagine few people go from a Ripley to a Spur (or the other way around) since they are so similar.

What I hope to find out is if 4-5feet drops to flat is OK and if is allright doing some Bike Park days on it without worrying about the bike getting damaged (I understand I have to slow down in the gnar compared to the Ripmo).

In the best world I would keep the Ripmo but that is just not an option unfortunately. Do you people that also ride some more technical terrain and bikeparks sometimes also have other bikes?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Urgh deadly. YT izzo is a very very similar bike in climbing and descending if you can get your hands on one of those instead.
Trust me, I've looked at the izzo a bunch. In the end I keep coming back to the fact that, if I'm gonna spend this much money on a bike, I should get the exact one that I want. The izzo is a great deal, though!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Trust me, I've looked at the izzo a bunch. In the end I keep coming back to the fact that, if I'm gonna spend this much money on a bike, I should get the exact one that I want. The izzo is a great deal, though!
for sure. I sold my izzo for the spur purely on sizing (an L spur sits inbetween an L and XL izzo) but glad I did, i prefer it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The only true answer to this may be a test ride.
I’ve demoed a ripmo. The spur feels more nimble and poppy, and climbs better. I thought the ripmo descended pretty well. The geo of the spur means that on all but chunky terrain it felt as confident. It only feels undergunned when its very rocky or rooty and you can’y gap the rocks/roots!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanx!
How about drops to flat? Does it feel like the bike can handle it or will you have to go for the "B-line" and drive around? Yea I can imagine it doesnt shine in rock garndens but I think no short travel bike does :)

1201 - 1220 of 1568 Posts