Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

321 - 340 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Probably not much good to any of you but I think my local shop has a large frame in stock, but I'm in New Zealand so....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cascade Components just announced a link for the V2 sentinel. It bumps rear travel up to 165mm, increases progression to 30%, and maintains current geometry. It’s got me thinking—throw an Angleset on in a +1° configuration, along with a 180mm travel fork to end up at essentially the same head angle as stock, plus the CC link and you’ve got a 180/165 smash all the things machine.
So tempting...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Actually, a local dealer has a complete NX build in my size / color. Hence, the dilemma.
I'd call Shaun @ N+1
he hooked me up with a medium grey frame that came with a 21 performance X2 shock. It was a stock XT build they parted for me. Great to work with. I'd seen a bunch of folks post about him on Ibis forum....my shop I got a spur from was telling me Summer. Shaun was my first call and I got lucky....hope you get lucky soon. Building Frame up this weekend....first build on my own

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have one on mine, only one ride on it so for but it seemed to work well, I had zero volume reducers in the positive or negative, still need to experiment, maybe one or two in the positive and a little lower pressure but overall I think this frame suits the Megneg well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have one on mine, only one ride on it so for but it seemed to work well, I had zero volume reducers in the positive or negative, still need to experiment, maybe one or two in the positive and a little lower pressure but overall I think this frame suits the Megneg well.
Great feedback thanks? What’s your weight and what differences did you notice compared to the stock air can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
76kg without gear so probably just under 80kg when ready to ride. I went from 165psi to 185psi with the Megneg. Initial travel feels nice and supple with good support once you get onto the travel. Just what you would expect really. I think I may try a band or two in the positive and lower the pressure a little as the spring rate may be making the suspension a little harsher than ideal in the mid stroke right now.
I am also running a Secus on the fork and tried that without any volume spacers, I felt like the fork was quite harsh and running one volume spacer with a lower pressure really improved the feeling of that fork (vorsprung do recommend one token when using the Secus on a lyrik at 160mm and I agree)

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
Cascade Components just announced a link for the V2 sentinel. It bumps rear travel up to 165mm, increases progression to 30%, and maintains current geometry. It’s got me thinking—throw an Angleset on in a +1° configuration, along with a 180mm travel fork to end up at essentially the same head angle as stock, plus the CC link and you’ve got a 180/165 smash all the things machine.
So tempting...
I saw the Cascade link for new V2 Sentinel a few weeks ago. If I end up getting the Sentinel, it may be a cool upgrade - just because it's purple!

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
Has anyone tried the V2 Sentinel with AngleSet in +1 degree to steepen the headtube angle?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I saw the Cascade link for new V2 Sentinel a few weeks ago. If I end up getting the Sentinel, it may be a cool upgrade - just because it's purple!
Not sure the purple would work with my loam gold frame :sick: would look good with the dark gray frame though.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
Are you finding 63.6 HA not enough???
I don't have a Sentinel v2 yet. Pre-order placed thru Transition, waiting like lots of others :)

I was just wondering if anyone has tried running a steeper HA, making it more of a long-legged trail bike (rather than small DH bike). Just curious.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It really doesn't feel like a mini dh bike, I'd try it first before steepening. Having said that 64.6 isn't steep even by modern standards so I'm sure it would work just fine, especially if you don't have so much in the way of steep trails in your local riding area.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Reality is the bike is SLACK. i don't know of a trail/enduro bike that's slacker? I demo'd a revel ranger with a 67.5 HA and after riding that for the weekend and going back to the sentinel it felt like a FREAKING BOAT! but after 30 mins of riding all was well again and its still a great bike!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I didn't think the bike felt as slack as the numbers would suggest. You could steepen it if you wanted but I feel like you'd adapt fine to running the stock guise everywhere.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Finished up
Surprised at weight......not sweating it and it came out under 31elbows (30lbs 9oz) with pedals, invisaframe, cage, bell, oneup bash/guide
Medium sentinel 21 X2 perf shock
Xt drivetrain
Xtr 4 pot 203/180
RF next crank
RF cockpit
210 one up
Nobl 36 on hydras dhr front dissector rear both exo+
First ride tmrw!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Finally after almost 8 months, I have the frame in my hands...looks sick to be fair and the grey colour is nicer than the photos, so I'm guessing the same happens with the loam gold.
I know this will make me sound a bit stupid but what did you guys do with the foam tube insert that came with the frame?

Is it supposed to go through the cable port on the downtube, chainstay (looks a bit tight) or simply to wrap the brake hose, to dampen noise? Thanks

321 - 340 of 380 Posts