Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my transition sentinel in march anyone in the VT ME NH area ride this bike. This is because I have seen transition scouts a decent amount but no sentinels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is probably one of the most popular bikes in Northern Vermont. Out of 8-ish friends that I routinely ride with, 6 of them have Sentinels. Seems like everyone loves them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know of at least one very advanced rider with one in my neck of northern NE. 140-150R/150-160 F bikes are a popular choice in general around here for aggressive riders and people who hit parks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I rode one in Moab (rental) and loved it. Came back to NE and was ready to put money down. But to be sure - I went to NembaFest and demo'd an Ibis Ripmo. I chose the Ripmo but just barely...

It's been a year and I still wonder what life would be like with a Sentinel. Astounding bike. Sexy bike. Able bike. Cool bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ride a sentinel in northern Vermont.
It’s perfect in my view. I have the cascade link so it’s basically the same as the v2. It’s very progressive with the link, and is poppy or stable depending on where you make it sit in the travel. It also corners really well. It can tend to take a bit of wide cornering arch, so you have to pay attention in some of the older school tight tech. Mine is aluminum with a heavy ass wheel set. Still climbs fine. I demoed a bunch of bikes this year and didn’t find anything that was better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts