Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
DirtGash said:
I have yet to hear anything negative about Transition Bikes, except for cheap paint jobs. Every bike has to have some weaknesses right?

Just curious as I am frame shopping.
We own three between my wife and I, great bikes. Awesome customer service and a rider-owned company that's actually in touch with what their customers want. I will say that I like Transition for heavy-duty bikes with simple and proven suspension designs (we have a Dirtbag and a Trail or Park for me and a Bottle Rocket for her). When I go into the market for an AM/XC bike next year, I'll be looking at other options because I think there are stronger competitors in that niche. We also have three Konas in the house and we love them as well, and one Rocky Mountain that seems to be holding it's own.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Solid, affordable, great CS, what's not to like?

Sure there are better choices out there, but it is a great company.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2017 Transition Triple. Do not buy one, ever. What a horrible mess.
- The hanger bends like a wet noodle.
- The dropouts strip easily and they have none normally in stock.
- So many extra parts = metal creaks like they're going out of style. I hope you enjoy constantly taking it apart to clean it.
- Frame feels loose in corners as compared to a Banshee AMP that has a MEGA stiff and tight hardtail.

I made a huge mistake buying a Triple. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Get a hardtail. I recommend the Banshee AMP. Which is what I'll be going back to as soon as I sell this Transition Triple.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts