Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to make the switch from a classic Blur to a Blur XC and was wondering if anyone else had made the switch. What were your thoughts comparing the 2 bikes?

Also, I know they changed the geometry and was wondering if you could tell a noticeable difference in a Large classic blur vs. a Large blur xc. I am debating on getting a M or L. I am 5'11" and have an average proportioned body so I fall in the middle of sizes. I currently ride a L classic blur with a 110mm stem and a straight seatpost. Any thoughts?

btw - a little more info on me: 5'11" 160 lbs do mainly xc rides and will be doing some longer endurance races this year and possibly some other xc races. i ride mostly smooth singletrack and enjoy climbing.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Joe

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

After talking to a couple guys at my LBS, I decided to go with the large frame. It looks like it will be a few weeks before an anodized frame is available. I will report back when I get some rides in and let you know my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
not sure of the difference

Good you got a large. I'm 5'11" and ride a large, raced a few times last summer. I like the bike a lot, you'll like it. It'l probably feel a little lighter & more stretched out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.