Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Severum said:
The Coverts are in customs I hear.

McGRP01, what is your build spec for yours?
Pretty much the std. package...

Frame: Med. White
Shock: Fox RP23
Fork: Fox Float 140 RLC
Shifter: SRAM X7 Trigger (front & rear)
Derailleur: SRAM X7 Mid-cage (rear) SRAM X-Gen (front)
Cranks: Truvativ FireX 3-ring
BB: Truvativ GXP XR External BB
Chainrings: Truvativ - 22/32/44
Cassette: SRAM PG950 11-32
Chain: KMC Z9000
Chainguide: N/A
Handlebar: Truvativ XR Riser 31.8 x 680 x 35
Headset: FSA Orbit XLII
Stem: Truvativ XR 31.8 5° 75mm
Brakes: Hayes HFX 9 Hydro (8" Front & 6" Rear)
Wheels: TBC - Revolution AM
Tires: Maxxis Advantage 2.1
Tubes: Maxxis Welterweight
Grips: Slip On
Seat: TBC - Park n' Ride All Mountain
Seatpost: Truvativ XR DC 31.6mm x 350mm
Pedals: N/A

Pedals will be CB Mallets, tires will be swapped to 2.1 Nevegals and made tubless w/ Stans Kit. Big ring will be swapped out for a bash (haven't decided which one yet), grips will be changes to ODI Ruffian Lock-ons. Most likely the saddle will be changed too, but I'll give the stock one a try for a while...

Coming from riding a SS Azonic Steelhead for street/trail/everything the past 9 months, this is going to be sooooo nice! :)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We'll after a few hickups my Covert came to life, I couldn't be happier with the way she turned out. I went with Raceface Dues for the bars, stem, post and the Atlas crank. Sram x7 and x9 drivetrain and Juicy 7's for stoppers. Front shock is a coil U-turn pike and the rear is a Fox DHX air 5.0. The wheelset is TBC's Revolution AM and some meaty Maxxis Minions:thumbsup:

The Covert is a sweet looking bike. The transparent blood orange color is really beautiful. Now I just need to set up the shocks tonight and after work tomorrow I get it muddy and learn a whole new way of riding. Woohoo.

The guys at Transition Bike are awesome. Customer Service #1.

Kinda crappy pics- need a better camera ;)

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Where did you get it from? I stopped by Fanatik to check it out yesterday, but they haven't received any Coverts yet.

Looks nice by the way.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered it through Allen at DropNZone.com out in Ferndale. His shop is about a mile away from Transition BIke Co.

I would highly recomend going through DNZ . He worked out a great build kit at a great price.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Covertman said:
We'll after a few hickups my Covert came to life, I couldn't be happier with the way she turned out. I went with Raceface Dues for the bars, stem, post and the Atlas crank. Sram x7 and x9 drivetrain and Juicy 7's for stoppers. Front shock is a coil U-turn pike and the rear is a Fox DHX air 5.0. The wheelset is TBC's Revolution AM and some meaty Maxxis Minions:thumbsup:
Weight?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.