Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
You Are What You Is
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the fence about purchasing a Large Covert frame, and I need all the pushing I can get. So, post those Covert pics here. I know there are several individual threads showcasing Coverts, but not one all-encompasing thread. Also, state what size frame it is, and any other thoughts or impressions you have of the bike, if you want. So far my favorite one is scrublover's. I'm lovin the white/gold combo. But the blue is growing on me as well. Thanks everyone for obliging. I'll start it off with this one:

Attachments

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Here's mine. Another white.

_MK

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Revision Two

Collarbone is finally knitting together, rode the Covert to a BBQ the other day. Have to start small.

I built this bike during my injury with a Nixon Elite and lighter wheels. But just the few cruises around the block felt a little too XC. I don't want a bike that rides like my 7point7, but I don't want a flexy sissy bike, either.;)

So here she is decked out with a Lyrik and some stompy wheels. Size Medium. Already feels like what I was hoping for, more like a light FR bike.:thumbsup:

JMH

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I´m 6' tall, size M, it needs a taller fork, with 130 head angle is too steep for this bike 70º (note that manitous may be shorter than any other 130mm fork). Only complaint is the rear tire rubbing seat tube with some shocks/tires. Next acquistion all mountain sl.:madman:

Attachments

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Blatant Plug...

Pinchox- Perhaps you need this TPC, Coil 130-160mm 07 Elite! You wouldn't even need a new wheel! ;)

Cool bike anyway. My friend has a Revelation on his Covert. I keep telling him to get a taller fork, but he won't listen.:p

JMH

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, manitou nixon elite (20mm is a major due to weight reasons) was one of my options but it has been impossible that anybody assured me that I will be able of getting the firm ride kit. Spanish dealer is not bringing nixon elite´s nor rider´s kit, UK¨s one were very nice but had them neither and when directly contacting with manitou´s guys no reply was given back. That´s is not good from a company not on his best moment. Well that´s why I decided to switch to Marzocchi all mountain.
Thank you anyway.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Here is a pic this winter before I got any ride time on it. Let's say after 400+ miles, I am a better rider on this bike. My other bikes are getting jealous.

Attachments

·
Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
603 Posts
balhoon said:
Hey sorry this is an old pic but is that a Fox 36 on there? If so how does she side with that a to c height?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jekyll_Jockey said:
Hey sorry this is an old pic but is that a Fox 36 on there? If so how does she side with that a to c height?
Yes it's a 36 Van and the Covert rides very well with it. The AC height is not a problem for climbing. I rode 3000 feet /25 miles rides without any problems. But the best was in downhill sections where the bike was awesome.

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Jekyll_Jockey said:
The only problem with the Covert and tall A2C forks is that if you have long legs, the seat will be so far back you may not have enough rails to push it forward enough for proper pedaling position.

Otherwise, the geometry is t!ts with a tall fork.

_MK

·
Registered
12 Posts
JMH said:
Collarbone is finally knitting together, rode the Covert to a BBQ the other day. Have to start small.

I built this bike during my injury with a Nixon Elite and lighter wheels. But just the few cruises around the block felt a little too XC. I don't want a bike that rides like my 7point7, but I don't want a flexy sissy bike, either.;)

So here she is decked out with a Lyrik and some stompy wheels. Size Medium. Already feels like what I was hoping for, more like a light FR bike.:thumbsup:

JMH
What rims do you have on that bike? What rear shock is it? What framecolor is it? and finally, What seat is it?

Lots of questions huh? Wondering if ill get one myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, thanks.

It is a really nice setup with those colors.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 218 Posts