Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really looking at the Preston FR with the 5 in kit. Is 8.5 pounds heavy for a big long ride hit anything bike. I have a 40 pound RFX. So Im looking for a trailbike I can really open up and not be afraid of breaking anything that I can climb on for a couple hours and Im not afraid to jump it a little. Anybody know anything about this bike. Sould be concerned about the plushness of the 5 inches because the romic is 6.5 eye to eye as opposed to a longer shock setup?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Transition make great bikes at least that's the general reputation. The use a pretty common design that works great... I'd say if your looking at the transition also check out Banshee's Chapperal. I have one and love it and ride the same stuff your talking about .It's 5 or 6" in the back run 5, 6, or 7" duel crown 24' or 26 wheels it pretty versitile.. Banshee has the best wrrnty too. In a number of respects
you kinda doing things redundent... the RFX and the preston FR are basically the same purpose "bike". meaning there both made for similar riding. I'd either go with somthing much lighter and more xc for regular trail riding and use the rfx for jumping and more aggissive riding... that way you have the best of both worlds... Buying a new bike is always fun.. good luck with whatever you decided to get..

·
Registered
77 Posts
You should check out the review at nsmb.com, if you haven't already. They liked the preston fr so much that they wouldn't give the frame back and transistion let them keep it. I personally just ordered a regular preston, which is supposed to be more of a trailbike than the fr, but they won't be in production again until this fall. Well, hope this helps a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.