Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just lloking at getting on a TransAm frame and I have a quick question about sizing.

Im 6ft (184cm) tall, and it looks like im right in between a medium and a large. What size would you guys go for?

If it helps I also ride a large Turner 5 Spot (23.6 tt) with a 70mm stem which fits really nice. Id like to stick with a pretty short stem so im leaning towards a large TransAm but any opinions would be really helpful.

ok thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
Definitely go with the large. I am 5'11" and have a medium with a 70mm stem and it feels quite cramped. I tried a longer stem but I wasn't stoked about the feel I was getting with it. Unfortunately, its too the point where I'm not riding it as much because its uncomfortable. At any rate, my vote is definitely for large with maybe even a 60mm stem or something.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am 6" with pretty long arms. I ride a large with a 50mm stem and wide bars and it feels too long IMO. I feel like getting a medium would put me in the "too cramped" camp. Only three frame sizes can certainly leave some people in-between.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.