Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Guys Guys Guys

Hold on a moment! I live just outside of Ames Iowa. We received at least 4 inches of rain. Decorah hardly had anything compared to us. Plus the roads up there are going to be great. Remember, on my site I said that the roads were still hard and fast. I would most certainly still go with skinny tires. The only mud we will be seeing is on the B roads and we just might be walking our bikes anyway! Or at best riding them in the ditches. I would stay with the skinny tires. I went out tonight to dry, fast gravel after having 4 inches of rain not less than a day ago! We will be fine in Decorah!

·
No Reputation!
1,730 Posts
paulclimb510 said:
Hold on a moment! I live just outside of Ames Iowa. We received at least 4 inches of rain. Decorah hardly had anything compared to us. Plus the roads up there are going to be great. Remember, on my site I said that the roads were still hard and fast. I would most certainly still go with skinny tires. The only mud we will be seeing is on the B roads and we just might be walking our bikes anyway! Or at best riding them in the ditches. I would stay with the skinny tires. I went out tonight to dry, fast gravel after having 4 inches of rain not less than a day ago! We will be fine in Decorah!
The gravel looked OK in the pics, not even dusty ;) but those B's, man, they look terrible!

That is amazing, fast gravel < 24 hours after the rain....totally amazing! I like the sound of that :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
shitty for me

Well I got off work early and the wife gave me permission to go to Iowa but the problem is that I cannot make it to the prerace meeting . I wouldn't even be there till around 11 pm.
Just when you think things are going your way the rug gets pulled out from under you:(
Oh well I'll just pout and keep the car packed in case the prerace meeting becomes a soft rule.

Dallas " sometime sit happens and sometimes it doesn't." Sigurdur

·
No Reputation!
1,730 Posts
paulclimb510 said:
Get your ass to the race! I will have your cue sheets. Seriously! I will see you tomorrow morning!:thumbsup:

Call me at 614 2320027 if you are coming!
The "Pace-man" cometh, excellent! Gonna get my posse on your wheel Dallas, looking forward to it!

·
your ankles are fat
335 Posts
Dallas, if yer still at home, a couple of us are SSin' down to Altona and back on Sunday at 6:30am, a baby ride at 200+km, you know where to find me if yer interested...

....otherwise good luck to y'all, looks like the weather gods are gonna play nice!

·
i also unicycle
2,043 Posts
i am now home from this event. good lord that was hard. i dropped out after about 150 miles. We(mt teammate and I) were both pretty beat and knew we weren't gonna make the whole way, so we started looking for a lift back to our hotel. we could have gone 20-30 more miles if not more, if we had needed to but luckly for us we didn't. we showered at a friend;s hotel room and drove the 3+ hours home. fun event, good god i'm ****ing tired.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Smoked

Wow. The first 60+ miles of climbing really took it's toll on me. I ended up calling it shortly after the checkpoint after realizing I didn't have another 200 miles in me. Great weather, and the roads were better than I could have hoped for. Just one question, what was that smell coming up the hill about 20'ish miles from the start!? I think the stench is still in my clothes! I have some serious soul searching to do before I do this event again. I think the amount of training it takes to complete a ride like this is beyond my reach. Anyway, I had a great time, and congrats to everyone for towing the line and grinding through the hills.

Mark and Jeff: you guys chose some great scenery to ride through. I will probably ride through there again for fun, and who knows, maybe in preperation for next year.

481 - 491 of 491 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.