Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Rear rim is stans flow mk3. Currently has a 2.25 ikon mounted, but tire feels to narrow for the rim.

I need something like a larger ikon or vittoria mezcal, anyone know if a 2.35 will fit?

What tires do folks use with an even wider rim like the 941?

Thanks!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm running a Nobby Nic 2.35 on an 941 in the rear. running a 2.6 Nobby nic on the same 941 rim in the front (I'm run a 2.6 in the rear as well if it would fit).

I've got plenty of space in the rear with that setup.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm running a Nobby Nic 2.35 on an 941 in the rear. running a 2.6 Nobby nic on the same 941 rim in the front (I'm run a 2.6 in the rear as well if it would fit).

I've got plenty of space in the rear with that setup.
Not sure how you are doing that. I briefly had a maxxis ikon 2.35 in the back LBS told me to take it out as it didn't have enough clearance to even clear a pebble. Now 2.25. As noted, the width of the rim pays a big part. I run Maxxis 2.25 in the back 2.35 up front. Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Ended up with 2.3 minion ss in the back with dd casing. Fits no problem but I wouldn’t go much wider. In front I have a minion dhf 2.3 with dd casing. Grip is great in gravel and loose but the rolling is horrible on pavement. I guess 30 watts or more compared to road bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.