Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is just 12.5 with no rider. Just grabbed a tape measure to get a quick measurement. I'll try to get my wife to help me figure out a measurement while I sit on the bike tomorrow. I think this has been brought up before in another thread, but I could not find it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Baklamante, are you measuring from the floor to the center of the bb shell, or from the floor to the bottom of the bb? Measuring to the middle of the bb (the center where the cranks rotate) is the standard way of measuring bb height.

I'm pretty sure 12.5" is wrong, but sold my stock fork a long time ago. IIRC, it's actually slightly over 13", stock.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I think it's safe to say the trance x1 bb height is approximately 13 inches measured from floor to center of bb. I like the way my trance pedals and I find I don't get too many pedal strikes at this height so this is a good reference when comparing to other bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.