Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Two questions.....

I've got a thomson layback post for my TX, but I'm finding it difficult to get the seat level. Due to the seat tube having an angle, I'm having to tilt the seat to it's max position, which results in the rear post bolt just barely engaging the barrel nut (I hope that's clear). I was wondering if anyone else has this setup and how their install went.

Second, is anyone using alligator iLink's for their gear cables? I was able to score a set really cheaply and was wondering how many links you were using from the shifters to the 1st cable stops. My cables are abit floppy so I was thinking of shortening them up....

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put the thomson layback on my TX and don't recall having any problems. I'm not really sure what my exact positioning is, but i know both barrel nuts engaged properly, it's comfortable and I haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.....

I don't think I have the top mounting clamp on backwards........but just to check I went and reversed it which only made it much worse.

I believe that they sent me the proper clamps as they are sloped vs. the ones that came with my straight thomson post.

Here are some pics showing the max angle I can get and the orientation of the clamp (floor surface is relatively level). Just to be clear, the threads on the rear bolt are fully engaged in this position, but just barely. I just seems that I should be able to get the nose lower......

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.