Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've got a medium 2009 trance x frame on the way, i'm currently on a medium 2006 trance and need to know how long most people's rear brake lines are.

with the different routing it looks like i may need to lengthen my lines and would like to get parts ordered ASAP if that is the case.

can anyone with a medium tx possibly measure their rear brake from lever tip to caliper center? maybe give me stem length and bar width also? it would be a big help in letting me get the build done quickly once the frame arrives.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
661lee said:
I have a medium GTX, 80mm stem, and 28" bars. I just removed my old Hayes brakes tonight. My rear hose length is 50". Unless you have narrow bars, I don't think that you would be able to go any shorter.
thanks!
i'll be running an 80mm stem with 27" bars and my current rear hose is right at 50".
with my levers moved in for 1 finger braking i'm hoping i'll be good - finger's crossed!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
661lee said:
Yea, you should be good. Post some pics when the build is done. :thumbsup:
oh i will. frame should be here in a day or so, float R off to PUSH then hopefully build it up by the following weekend.
thanks again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.