Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a chain guide is not the most ideal set up on a Trance X considering its a XC bike. The Trance is my only current bike and has become my XC/AM combo and I would like to outfit it with a chain guide. I have removed the the big front chain ring and bought e13 sts thinking I could modify the STS by cutting off the top part off the backplate (since I'm keeping the front derailer). Everything seems to ok until I try to fit the drive side back onto the BB. It seems like the backplate is too thick, I have tried removing the spacers on the BB but still will not work. I cant get any threads on the 8 mm bolt to catch on the spline. Should I just give up on this set up? Any other suggestions or any other proven set ups that have worked for other members?

·
Former Ninja
427 Posts
Hello,
The STS is actually designed as a single ring guide only...as it sounds like you have a Trance X with a threaded european bottom bracket, I would suggest looking at the Heim2 in Bottom Bracket mount config. This will mount up considerably better (and easier) than the older style STS. The Heim2 also comes as a guide-only assembly, so you can use your current bashguard.

https://www.e13components.com/product_heim2.html

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look like the Blackspire Stinger might be my best bet considering the price since I have already spent money on the e13 sts. I should at least be able to use the E13 bashguard and run the Stinger as the actual chian guide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.