Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up my new Trance X frame. I have a new XT 770 crankset to install. This is my first external bb install so I am following Shimano's directions closely. According to Shimano, the cups are meant to be 75.5 mm apart. According to the instructions, with a 68mm shell I need 2 spacers (2.5) on the drive side and one on the left side. When I installed the front derailleur the chain line seems to far to the right and the derailleur does not want to reach the big ring. I backed the limiter screw all the way out and moved the derailleur by hand with the same results.
How many spacers and on which side are installed on your Trance X with Shimano crankset? I am in Nepal and don't have another Trance X to view and can't find any pics on the net with that angle. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the clarification! I took it to the shop today and tried a different front derailleur. Problem solved! It ended up being have being a stuck derailleur pivot rather than a spacer issue. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.