Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a difficult time getting the sag and performance set for my shock, I seem to blow through the travel rather easily even in Trail mode with the sag set properly. I wanted to get some stats and pressures from those that have a Trance X 29er. Please post the following info.

Bike: 2013 Trance X0
Rider Weight: 230 lb
Shock Pressure: 240 psi
Rebound: -1 click from middle.

Running through travel in descend and trail mode.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 2013 trance 29X and have the same problems. On small jumps, G outs and little drops I blow through the end stroke of travel while running proper sag at about 25-30%. From what I remember I ended up increasing the PSI in the rear shock so that I got around 20% sag and that seems to have helped a lot. Now it doesn't seem to blow through the end of the stroke so bad. Though I am curious about that Air Volume spacer from fox...

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I had the same issue and I weigh 165 lbs (ride aggressively though). The rear shock comes stock with the medium Fox air volume spacer, so I changed that out for the largest air volume spacer. That helped some, but I'm still going to send me shock off to Avalanche for a custom tune as the actual shock valving is way too light, even in the trail setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts