·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Giant Trance riders.
Questions:
What tires to buy?
Which saddle?
Should I add seat post quickrelease and which one?
Should I replace squeaking disk brakes or just replace brake pads (Trance 2)?
What parts I should replace or add to make my bike ride better, feel better or look better? ;)

·
bang
1,290 Posts
meak said:
To all Giant Trance riders.
Questions:
What tires to buy?
Which saddle?
Should I add seat post quickrelease and which one?
Should I replace squeaking disk brakes or just replace brake pads (Trance 2)?
What parts I should replace or add to make my bike ride better, feel better or look better? ;)
1) whichever hook up best for your terrain.
2) whichever fits your butt the best.
3) if you want; salsa and hope make decent ones. get the right size.
4) make sure they are broken in and properly adjusted. most (all?) disk brakes squeal when wet or overheated. pads with a different compount might help; ask on the brake forum for more details.
5) why ask us? it's your bike dammit! if something doesn't feel good (saddle / grips /stem length / bar width for example) change it! i wouldn't otherwise change a component based on looks only, but that would certainly be a consideration for a future upgrade though. try it how it is for awhile. i think the specs are pretty good as they are.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Questions:
What tires to buy?.......... Comes with some pretty decent tires, but that really depends on your terrain and personal preference. I know they are super soft and handle road well if you need to ride there but will wear very quickly if you do.

Which saddle? ..................The Trance2 comes with an already great sadle, just ride the damn thing.

Should I add seat post quickrelease and which one? .............Well I haven't found the need to have a quick release clamp, once I set the height on it I can get off the back etc and have no need to lower it for tech/DH stuff.

Should I replace squeaking disk brakes or just replace brake pads (Trance 2)? .......Hayes HFX-9 disc brakes should be working pretty damn good brakes, I know my so1e on my T3 are the lowest but still work incredibly well. Just replace the pads w/ maybe better quality ones.

What parts I should replace or add to make my bike ride better, feel better or look better? ;)[/QUOTE] .............If that bike doesn't ride good enough for you stock then I don't have a clue what to tell you, you are obviously different from most who ride a Trance. Replace stuff when it breaks or wears out. Enjoy a really sweet stock bike, maybe change the grips, add bar-ends, stem (length, angle) simple personal stuff like that if you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts