Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or more appropriately what will be. Here is a pic of Dans new Trance build up, with nice review of how it rides to follow from Dan...hopefully soon :D

Attachments

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
sweet looking bike for sure!!

I look forward to hearing ride reviews.

I am anxious a little bit cause my friend at work wanted to buy her husband a bike for Christmas and asked me to go out and buy it for her.....knowing she would appreciate the service at her local bike shop I focused on their bikes.

I ended up getting him (using her money :) ) the Trance 1. I have not heard yet if he liked the bike (the shop delivered it to their house on Christmas eve) but am sure he will. I wanted to get one myself......should have told her it was $6000 and picked up 2

Cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
FoShizzle said:
sweet looking bike for sure!!

I look forward to hearing ride reviews.

I am anxious a little bit cause my friend at work wanted to buy her husband a bike for Christmas and asked me to go out and buy it for her.....knowing she would appreciate the service at her local bike shop I focused on their bikes.

I ended up getting him (using her money :) ) the Trance 1. I have not heard yet if he liked the bike (the shop delivered it to their house on Christmas eve) but am sure he will. I wanted to get one myself......should have told her it was $6000 and picked up 2

Cheers
Thanks CDtofer for posting the picture. I have only ridden it once, due to the holiday's and that was only a 2 hours. I can tell you that is rides phenomenal, especially to compare it to what I used to have (SC Superlight, Giant NRS, K2 Razorback SL, Ventana Pantera). Give me a couple of weeks and will get back with a full report. Oh yeah the rear tire is backwards. It seems to give me better traction.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
Running the mutano backwards will give better climbing traction as a rear tire and better grip as a front, naturally braking might suffer a bit, I run the rear tread reversed, works great!

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Brown_Teeth said:
Running the mutano backwards will give better climbing traction as a rear tire and better grip as a front, naturally braking might suffer a bit, I run the rear tread reversed, works great!
So if running the Mutano backwards works good, that means it also works for the Weirwolf, which is the tire he's running in the pic, as well? ;)

Just kidding, makes sense.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nice :D I was just offered a TRANCE 3 as an alternative to the TREK Fuel EX7 I had ordered since November that hasn't even been made yet. In looking at the Trance line I figure I'd like the 2 and not 3 for the componants (especially the fork), does anyone know a rough price for the Trance 2? The bike shop told me $1399 for the Trance 3, is that about right? Very interested in how it rides and feels and wondering if I shouldn't just cancel my EX7 and get the Trance

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
undead said:
T2 MSRP is $2000
Thanks, actually got a reply from the bs tonight on the Trance 2 price and they quoted $1,750, which I don't thin is bad considering it's $250 more than the EX7 and has some better components and the new GIANT FS suspension design. looking forward to thoughts and reviews from riders who had the luck to try them, so far very positive feedback on them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
LyNx said:
Thanks, actually got a reply from the bs tonight on the Trance 2 price and they quoted $1,750, which I don't thin is bad considering it's $250 more than the EX7 and has some better components and the new GIANT FS suspension design. looking forward to thoughts and reviews from riders who had the luck to try them, so far very positive feedback on them.
Actually that is a good price for that. MSRP on it is $2000.00 so i would jump all over that if I was you. I have the trance pictured above and love it so far.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
undead said:
if they honor the quoted price of $1750, i'd say that's the lowest price you will see on a 2005 T2 until 2006!
Yeh, I was thinking th same thing. I've loked about the WWW and found prices from 1850-2000. The bike shop has the T3 in stock (@ $1,399) in what I would call my size - 22". I'm 6'3" and have a 34" inseam and am expecting a XL/22" GIANT frame will fit me properly. Would love to get the T2, but not sure I could wait for it to be ordered in - I still have to ship it to me (overseas) once it gets to the bike shop :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
LyNx said:
Yeh, I was thinking th same thing. I've loked about the WWW and found prices from 1850-2000. The bike shop has the T3 in stock (@ $1,399) in what I would call my size - 22". I'm 6'3" and have a 34" inseam and am expecting a XL/22" GIANT frame will fit me properly. Would love to get the T2, but not sure I could wait for it to be ordered in - I still have to ship it to me (overseas) once it gets to the bike shop :(
The earliest you will probably will see a T2 will be March, but I would every Performance bike shop in a couple hundred mile radius and see if they have any in stock.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
danmtchl said:
The earliest you will probably will see a T2 will be March, but I would every Performance bike shop in a couple hundred mile radius and see if they have any in stock.
Unfortunately I live on a little, pretty well known island called Barbados so checking the local bike shops isn't an option (we only really have 1 and it's a Raleigh/Trek dealer and way to much taxes on import and then mark up)

So GIANT has released the Trance 3 and 1 but not the 2 - sad. Well I guess I'll go w/ the T3 (which the bike shop I deal w/ has in stock and in my size) and look to switch the fork out to maybe the REBA that comes w/ the T2 later on if I really find it bobs too much. - rest of the components look good enough for me. ( may change the rear derailer to XT/XTR in the near future)

·
Registered
460 Posts
LyNx said:
Unfortunately I live on a little, pretty well known island called Barbados so checking the local bike shops isn't an option (we only really have 1 and it's a Raleigh/Trek dealer and way to much taxes on import and then mark up)

So GIANT has released the Trance 3 and 1 but not the 2 - sad. Well I guess I'll go w/ the T3 (which the bike shop I deal w/ has in stock and in my size) and look to switch the fork out to maybe the REBA that comes w/ the T2 later on if I really find it bobs too much. - rest of the components look good enough for me. ( may change the rear derailer to XT/XTR in the near future)
I like the T3, for the money it is a nice bike. I also like the silver, I was trying to get my boss to take apart a T3 and sell me the frame. I have a spare RP3 so it does not matter about the shock. I also have the Reba fork and it is worth the extra dollars. Also the new XT/XTR stuff is rapidcraprise.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Well loks like I'll be gong with the T3 afterall as the bike shop says that GIANT has week 6 as when you'll be able to get all sizes in all models - and I'm just sick of waiting on my new bike. The T3 is in stock, in 22" and once it gets packed this week I should have it 2 weeks later (so 3 weeks from now I should have it - give or take a couple days)

Do you have any more pics of Dans Trance or does anyone have any more pics of the Trance suspension design, I'd really appreciate it if you could post them up so I can better see it up close and personal.

Really looking forward to getting my new Trance and hoping the plush, but no peddle-bob reports are and have been true. How's the wheel clearance on this design, is there room for some mud, or will it get stuck up quick if you ride through alot of mud?

·
Registered
460 Posts
LyNx said:
Well loks like I'll be gong with the T3 afterall as the bike shop says that GIANT has week 6 as when you'll be able to get all sizes in all models - and I'm just sick of waiting on my new bike. The T3 is in stock, in 22" and once it gets packed this week I should have it 2 weeks later (so 3 weeks from now I should have it - give or take a couple days)

Do you have any more pics of Dans Trance or does anyone have any more pics of the Trance suspension design, I'd really appreciate it if you could post them up so I can better see it up close and personal.

Really looking forward to getting my new Trance and hoping the plush, but no peddle-bob reports are and have been true. How's the wheel clearance on this design, is there room for some mud, or will it get stuck up quick if you ride through alot of mud?
I can probably get some pics if you need them just email me at [email protected]. I going to enter it in a Cyclocross race tomorrow where I live. and see how it does

Dan Mitchell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts