Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on an 06' Trance 2, my only problem is I am unable to test ride it, or any other Trance at this time. I'm going to have to pull the trigger quickly if I'm going to get it. My question is that I am 5'11'' and the Trance is an 18". I used to ride a medium/18" Reign and it fit perfectly, would the Trance be a similar fit to where I could ride an 18 comfortably? It's a great deal and I would hate to pass it up, any information provided would be greatly appreciated. -Thanks

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
As far as I recall people saying the Reign is a "slightly" bigger fit compared to the Trance and nothing a 10-15mm longer stem wouldn't fix. Do some browsing around these forums and I'm sure you'll find the answers you want - there are lots of people who own both.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all the helpful information, you've definitely helped me to finalize my decision. If everything works out as planned, I'll post some pics when I get it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 5'11'' and ride an 18" Trance. Compare the frame specs on the Giant website- you'll find only minor important differences between the 20" and the 18". I was a "tweener" myself and went 18". When I measured my old bike's comfortable seating position against the Trance, I found that the seat to crank height was just right, and the distance between the seat and the handlebars could be made exactly the same by moving the seat back 1/2". I see the above idea about a longer stem, but that seems like overkill for such a small adjustment and besides you won't like a stem that's too long. Good luck and good riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.