Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently purchased an 07 Trance 1. Love it to bits on the trail. I find it so comfortable I am thinking of getting a second set of rims/tyres to use it on the road and get rid of my uncomfortable road bike. Is any one doing this? If so, how does it go?

I know I'll sacrifice some speed. but don't care much.

The other quandry I have is, it will cost just about as much (a bit less) to get an entry level spec flat bar road bike with similar geometry as it will a good set of rims and tryes.

Will running the fork (RS Reba Race) and shock (Fox RP2) locked out for extended periods of time be detrimental?

If it were you, what would you do?

·
Come on winter!
241 Posts
Why is your road bike uncomfortable? I'd spent the money on a proper road bike or on making your current road bike fit correctly if possible.

G

·
buy a flat bar road bike, it will be faster and more fun on the road. even if you get the low price Giant, I would rather ride that on the road than a trance with slicks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I run a flat-bar XC hardtail with front-suss lockout for the road. I like my Trance (though the size is wrong for me) but can't imagine riding four inches of squish on the road, even with lockout and propedal. It just seems like needles wear n tear on your trail bike when you could buy a used $200 rigid hardtail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.