Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Giant Anthem
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me again-another fricken bearing problem on my 06 trance. As well as the destroyed suspension bearings and bottom bracket my headset is pretty rough as well. I don't even know how to take them out. Can I replace just the bearings or do I need a whole new headset? It's an fsa 45 degree. Not even sure what kind of headset it is-much differnt than my old hardtail-can anyone give me the lowdown on how these work? Thanks:madman:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Bearing cups press into the frame. The cartridge bearings themselves are a slip fit into the cups. You should be able to take them out by hand. If the grease etc, has dried a little you might need to pry a little, with a screw driver.

The bearings can be replaced by themselves. I am not sure what the easiest place to get bearings is/are. Both FSA and Cane creek seem to use the same bearing supplier.

You can order replacement bearings online from Enduro bearings ~$15 each, and have some new ones. Their bearings and seals are usually a little nicer than stock offerings.

·
Giant Anthem
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeppers

the.vault said:
Bearing cups press into the frame. The cartridge bearings themselves are a slip fit into the cups. You should be able to take them out by hand. If the grease etc, has dried a little you might need to pry a little, with a screw driver.

The bearings can be replaced by themselves. I am not sure what the easiest place to get bearings is/are. Both FSA and Cane creek seem to use the same bearing supplier.

You can order replacement bearings online from Enduro bearings ~$15 each, and have some new ones. Their bearings and seals are usually a little nicer than stock offerings.
Thank you-thats exactly what I needed to know-I'm probably going to order headset,BB and rear susp. bearings from enduro. I'm going out right now to try a little harder to pop out the headset bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.