Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on Trance frame prices? I currently have a NRS 2 from 2004, and I was wondering how much it would be to upgrade the frame, but keep most of the components.

I assume I would probably have to upgrade the fork to a 100mm, but that wouldnt be a problem. Thanks for the help guys!

ps- if anyone is interested in a 2004 NRS2 frame, let me know :)

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
jmsewe0 said:
Does anyone have any info on Trance frame prices? I currently have a NRS 2 from 2004, and I was wondering how much it would be to upgrade the frame, but keep most of the components.

I assume I would probably have to upgrade the fork to a 100mm, but that wouldnt be a problem. Thanks for the help guys!

ps- if anyone is interested in a 2004 NRS2 frame, let me know :)
I think that the Trance will go for around $900. Thats what my LBS quoted me.

If you want to upgrade from a NRS to a Trance (Im thinking about doing this also) but keep the coponents I think that most of the stock stuff is fine. You might want to ditch the 27.2 seatpost w/ shim that came with it and use a 30.9 one (get a thomson). Maybe get a new crankset if the older one has been used a lot.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,208 Posts
Seatpost size....

Is actually 30.8,(nrs) but 30.9 does occacionally work. I believe they ditched the shim system on the trance. Would an owner elucidate?

·
Registered
460 Posts
rideit said:
Is actually 30.8,(nrs) but 30.9 does occacionally work. I believe they ditched the shim system on the trance. Would an owner elucidate?
The frame is $900.00 as stated above and the frameset comes with a shim that goes from 30.9 to 27.2. The complete bikes do not come with shims.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
yeah, I've got a 30.9 thomson on my NRS. What is the retail of the cheapest Trance, is it the 3 or 4?? Would it be more economical to buy that model, then swap all the good hot rod parts from my NRS, then put all the cheap stuff on the NRS then sell it to offset the cost?? If it's not much more than the $900 cost of the frame, and if all Trance frames are identical throughout the lineup, than this might be the route I'll take. ;)

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
yeah, I've got a 30.9 thomson on my NRS. What is the retail of the cheapest Trance, is it the 3 or 4?? Would it be more economical to buy that model, then swap all the good hot rod parts from my NRS, then put all the cheap stuff on the NRS then sell it to offset the cost?? If it's not much more than the $900 cost of the frame, and if all Trance frames are identical throughout the lineup, than this might be the route I'll take. ;)
The tance 4 will run you about (according to the Giant site) $1200 and the Trance 3 will run about 1600. If you got good components on your NRS already then I would go with the Frame route. Also note that the Tance 4, 3 & 2 come with a Fox Float R as a rear shock. The Trance 1 and frame will come with a Fox Float RP3.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
BikeSATORI said:
Actually I picked up my Trance3 for $1400 - complete. As far as I know the frame is the same throughout the linesup, BUT only the colour changes and shock (you get an FOX FRL on the T1 and on the others you get the FOX Float R ) - if you buy the frame by itself you get the blue version, the T4 is a slate blue and if MSRP is $1200 you should be able to get one for around $1000-$1100 I would think, if not lower.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
hey thanks for the info guys. Pretty much all of my parts/components on my NRS can transfer over, I even have a FoxFloat100rlc that would work, but I might think about putting on a Talas for the adj./versatility. What about a headset w/ the frame only Trance?? Is it still the usual FSA orbit-zero-stack?? I have XTR/XT on my NRS, and I think I will probably Sram my Trance, at least just the r. der. and shifters. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts