Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you see the new issue of Mountain Bike Mag. The Trance got best 4" travel bike. The Prophet got best 5" and a Norco got best 6".....TJ

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
good job

Way to go giant! Im glad the Trance is living up to its hype.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not much info

I was looking forward to reading the article and hoped for a detailed review and some more ride impressions or comparisons with other bikes, but the article was pretty weak as far as content goes.

·
keep the shiny side up!
275 Posts
u guys think 10 manufacturers are gonna come out with a newer design this year?
bikes like cars have model years and since all the '05 bikes are out, why wouldn't they name a bike fo the year?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Phat_Head said:
bikes like cars have model years and since all the '05 bikes are out, why wouldn't they name a bike fo the year?
I though "X" of the years were designated at the end of the years when durability was thrown into the equation and qwirks detected/solved.... I was probably wrong...

·
bang
1,290 Posts
Phat_Head said:
for one, it's only been a few months at most that these bikes have been available to the public. this is not a long enough time, in my opinion, to give useful information regarding long-term durability. if all they were doing were comparing bike "X" to bike "Y" to bike "Z", this would be fine. i think most people are capable of giving their first impressions of a bike in a couple of months. but thats all. handing out an award at this time just seems hollow to me; wait until at least the end of the summer season to pick a bike that truely stands head and shoulders above the rest, in ALL catagories.

this is sort of like reading a review at MTBR where the person has used the item for less than a month; pretty much worthless unless all you want is a first impression. at least that's what i think...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts