Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw both on the trail today...but then we are fairly close to Giant's HQ, so I wasn't sure if maybe these were some "insiders."

·
I live to bike
2,423 Posts
December

Warthog said:
I saw both on the trail today...but then we are fairly close to Giant's HQ, so I wasn't sure if maybe these were some "insiders."
I've been told December for a Reign by Giant. At least for here on the east coast. Lucky you if you're able to get them sooner!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Must have been Giant employees or something, then. The "black cherry" color Reign sure looked nice!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Word is...

Word on the street is that the new Maestro bikes will be going out around Mid-December to Mid-Jan. That's provided all the component manuf. have their parts available on time. Remember the Shimano dilema last year.

·
College
1,198 Posts
KERKOVEJ said:
Word on the street is that the new Maestro bikes will be going out around Mid-December to Mid-Jan. That's provided all the component manuf. have their parts available on time. Remember the Shimano dilema last year.
I called the dealer near my house, and he said he could have one shipped in 1 week ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Accidental Endo said:
I work at a Performance, and our manager has been saying mid-november for a while now. We shall see.
I am also a Giant dealer and was told the same as the guy from Performance. Mid to late November.

·
Registered
71 Posts
well, when you get these bikes in store, can you measure the exact weight of the reign bike ( i'm interesting in reign 2), becuase i've read in december issue of MBUK and they tested reign 1. they also measured the weight and they say 32lbs, which is hardly belivable. can anyone confirm that.

·
College
1,198 Posts
mtic said:
well, when you get these bikes in store, can you measure the exact weight of the reign bike ( i'm interesting in reign 2), becuase i've read in december issue of MBUK and they tested reign 1. they also measured the weight and they say 32lbs, which is hardly belivable. can anyone confirm that.
That sounds a lot more plausible than the 28 pounds for the reign 1 that i have seen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd expect the top of the line version with Crossmax wheels to be 30lbs or under, too though.
I've got a Kona Dawg Deelux...by no means a light bike, and it weighs ~30lbs, and that's with heavy Mavic 223's and Deore hubs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Warthog said:
I'd expect the top of the line version with Crossmax wheels to be 30lbs or under, too though.
I've got a Kona Dawg Deelux...by no means a light bike, and it weighs ~30lbs, and that's with heavy Mavic 223's and Deore hubs.
Will be able to tell you by next week what these bikes weigh, as the Giant Rep called today and said the Trance and Reign will be in next week.

·
Registered
460 Posts
danmtchl said:
Will be able to tell you by next week what these bikes weigh, as the Giant Rep called today and said the Trance and Reign will be in next week.
For all your future Trance owners the first batch of Trance 4's came in today. What an awesome ride.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
danmtchl said:
For all your future Trance owners the first batch of Trance 4's came in today. What an awesome ride.
Not to rain on the Trance parade, because it looks to be a very sweet ride, but I am an NRS fan. Did you happen to receive any NRS models yet. Thanks.

Neil

·
Registered
460 Posts
mtbmeister said:
Not to rain on the Trance parade, because it looks to be a very sweet ride, but I am an NRS fan. Did you happen to receive any NRS models yet. Thanks.

Neil
No not yet but expect them sometime this month. I had and NRS but someone else liked it better than I. Great bike also.

Dan

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
danmtchl said:
No not yet but expect them sometime this month. I had and NRS but someone else liked it better than I. Great bike also.

Dan
I have an NRS 2 on order. I hope it to be here (Toronto, Canada) in a couple of weeks according to Giant. Even though I likely won't be able to ride it, I am anxious to see it. I am not even sure 100% of the Cdn spec, but apparently it is very similar to the US. I just want a composite frame with good components, the usual from Giant. I got a sweet deal, I know I won't be dissappointed, I am just impatient. Giant still has not updated the Cdn website.

Neil

·
College
1,198 Posts
danmtchl said:
No pictures, no news, no weights ? lol, Can you give us some more information

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
b12yan88 said:
No pictures, no news, no weights ? lol, Can you give us some more information
b12yan88, I am not sure of your questions. I don't have the bike yet, so I can't comment on your questions. When I get it, I will be posting pics for sure. Perhaps your response was regarding the Trance 4?

Neil

·
College
1,198 Posts
mtbmeister said:
b12yan88, I am not sure of your questions. I don't have the bike yet, so I can't comment on your questions. When I get it, I will be posting pics for sure. Perhaps your response was regarding the Trance 4?

Neil
Yeah, I was curious about the trance 4, sorry

·
Trance 06
34 Posts
Hows the suspension working?

mtbmeister said:

Neil
Thinking about getting the Trance frame set. Going to use it more for trails then XC. Is the ride plush or firm? Thanks.

·
College
1,198 Posts
Warthog said:
my LBS is getting them on tuesday, when ii have a chance, ill go test ride it and take some pictures for you guys.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts