Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I figured out a way to keep girlfriends from getting angry about spending heaps on bikes - get them a nice one!

For this purpose, I got mine a Trance 4. In Japan, they come with cable discs, therefore the same frame/shock as the trance 2. We swapped the giant fourbysix wheelset for some crosslands, and gave it sram x-9 running gear before it left the shop. It now wears my old marz mx comp fork, and deore hydros too.

I thought it would be a decent ride, but after riding it I'm regretting ordering a bike costing nearly 3 times the price of the trance, this thing blew me away. Fast, and confidence-inspiring are the best ways to describe it.

If anyone is thinking about getting one, do it.

Cheers,
N.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yeh it's nice that the frameset is consisitant throughout the line-up of Trance's. So when will you be ordering your's ? :D Love my T3.

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too late!

I've already ordered a Commencal Meta 4.2 with lots of extra goodies. If it's no good, I'll sell the frame and buy another trance 4 for sure!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I thought the trance 4 has v-brakes and an AXEL fork? But maybe it's different over seas. I saw the Trance 4 on display and thought it was a waste; Killer Frame and junk components. Great idea for someone who wants to build up though.

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the bike is the perfect place to start if you want to build it to your preferences. This is the Japanese spec:

フロントフォーク MANITOU SPLICE COMP 100mmストローク
BBセット TRUVATIV SPL-SLLT ISIS 118-68mm
ギアクランク TRUVATIV FIREX SX 22/32/44T 170mm
チェーン SHIMANO CN-HG53
ペダル SHIMANO PD-M505S
ヘッドセット TH 1-1/8 セミカートリッジ インテグラル
ハンドルバー FSA HB-XC280 25.4-R1-660mm
ハンドルステム FSA ST-XC170 25.4mm-6D-90mm(37,40.5) 105mm(46)
ブレーキセット HAYES GX-2 メカニカルディスクブレーキ6インチローター
ブレーキレバー AVID FR-5
F・ハブ GIANT FOUR BY SIX Ⅱ 26"DISC対応ホイールセット
R・ハブ GIANT FOUR BY SIX Ⅱ 26"DISC対応ホイールセット
リム  
スポーク  
タイヤ HUTCHINSON BULLDOG AIRLIGHT 26×2.1(W)
バルブ方式 仏式バルブ
F・ディレイラー SHIMANO LX FD-M570 34.9 デュアルプル
R・ディレイラー SHIMANO DEORE RD-M510 9S
シフトレバー SHIMANO DEORE SL-M510 9S
フリーホイール SRAM PG950 9S 11-34T
サドル WTB ROCKET-V
シートピラー FSA SP-SL280 30.9X350mm
シートピン アルミ 34.9 シートピン
リアサスユニット FOX FLOAT R PRO PEDAL L:6.5 T:1.5
付属品 ベル,ロック,Rユニット用ポンプ
重量 14.5kg (405mm)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts