Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ridden the trance 3?? My mom is questioning my descision..... she seems to think I haven't done my homework on this. I'm also kind of just wondering

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
bigguppies92 said:
Has anybody ridden the trance 3?? My mom is questioning my descision..... she seems to think I haven't done my homework on this. I'm also kind of just wondering
I'd say I've ridden one a bit :D I got one and if you click on my name and check my posts you'll find a bunch on my T3. Personally I think the new Trance design is great and works very very well. My T3 decends so good it isn't funny and ascends just as sweet - although you have to watch for the front coming up easy and get your weight forward a bit on the ascents. Be careful if you didn't have that great of a bike before that maybe didn't feel to comfortable going DH as the Trance does and can make you feel like a super hero and make you try stuff you'd never try before.

I got a bum DUKE XC fork with mine and it's being warrantied as we speak, I decided to push forward my fork upgrade I had planned 6+ months down the line and got a REBA SL and it works sweet. Depending on how much you ride and how much street and climbing you do the lockout is a serious positive, but in the time I rode the DUKE it rode really well.

Be careful of the chainline and check with your LBS if you have any troubles with cranking hard using middle ring or any other ring. I believe that mine had a chainline issue with the RF BB it came with.

·
Registered
460 Posts
LyNx said:
I'd say I've ridden one a bit :D I got one and if you click on my name and check my posts you'll find a bunch on my T3. Personally I think the new Trance design is great and works very very well. My T3 decends so good it isn't funny and ascends just as sweet - although you have to watch for the front coming up easy and get your weight forward a bit on the ascents. Be careful if you didn't have that great of a bike before that maybe didn't feel to comfortable going DH as the Trance does and can make you feel like a super hero and make you try stuff you'd never try before.

I got a bum DUKE XC fork with mine and it's being warrantied as we speak, I decided to push forward my fork upgrade I had planned 6+ months down the line and got a REBA SL and it works sweet. Depending on how much you ride and how much street and climbing you do the lockout is a serious positive, but in the time I rode the DUKE it rode really well.

Be careful of the chainline and check with your LBS if you have any troubles with cranking hard using middle ring or any other ring. I believe that mine had a chainline issue with the RF BB it came with.
Hey Lynx,

I'm sorry I have not gotten back to you but my daughter erased all the message and wife had a baby so I have been busy. Please email the problem again. Oh yeah I did not have your email also.

Dan Mitchell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts