Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 280 lbs and have been having probles with ghost shifting on my trance. It only happens under hard cranking up hills. Does any other clydes have this problem. I have replaced chains, and cassettes, several times. I am still haveing the problem. My LBS said that the rear triangle might be flexing, causing slack in the rear derailer cable causing it to shift causing my problem. Any one having the same problem. He said the solution is full cable housing zip tied to the rear triangle.

·
Slave to the grind
519 Posts
yep. b*tch aint it?

no problems shifting, right?

had the problem on my Dabomb cherrybomb. caused a nasty endo when the rear locked as i was going out of saddle for a small jump. kind of embarassing crashing without even reaching the jump.

also experienced the same problem with a Specialized s-works stumpy. couldnt pedal down the street out of saddle. the parts (including the cable housing) were moved from a different bike.

try lengthening cable housing portion thats connected to the RD. This is most likely too short causing the shift when your rear suspension engages.

if all else fails switch to an 8 speed :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.