Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Trance 2 , it seems great , however , I noticed that the
shifting cables that touch the frame
is peeling the paint a bit, is this normal ? (it is my first real bike)

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
you should quickly apply some protection stickers or thick tranparet sticking tape. the paint layer seems to be very thin :|
pay attention on places where Hayes cables touch the frame/fork... they are like a saw

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
frango said:
you should quickly apply some protection stickers or thick tranparet sticking tape. the paint layer seems to be very thin :|
pay attention on places where Hayes cables touch the frame/fork... they are like a saw
Yup I'd agree with Frango, get some clear protective tape on there ASAP. I put some on most points on y bike and saw the front brake cable "might" rub and thought I'd wait and see - bad choice, the paint was taken off like it had been sanded. Doesn't help if you have any mud/clay on the cables, then it's totally like sand paper with those Hayes cables.

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Fix your cables

We immobilized the cables under the seatstay so they can't move.Then I removed the forward brake line clasp on the rear stay and Zip tied it about 3" further back.This allows the cables to flex nicely between the rear swingarm and the frame with no more rubbing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you

thanks

telemarc said:
We immobilized the cables under the seatstay so they can't move.Then I removed the forward brake line clasp on the rear stay and Zip tied it about 3" further back.This allows the cables to flex nicely between the rear swingarm and the frame with no more rubbing.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
telemarc said:
Yes I kinda did the same, but this doesn't deal with the forward /front brake cable rubbing on the Headt Tube. You can route the cable to the side of the fork leg, but risk having it in "harms way" to the side and exposed to brush or any suuch obstical that could rip it off the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts